Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<131415
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline netsonicyxf  
#281 Posted : 24 March 2020 17:10:39(UTC)
netsonicyxf


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/03/2020(UTC)
Posts: 35

Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: netsonicyxf Go to Quoted Post
I have a portable version of Smath 0.99.7251. The Maxima is under D:\Program Files\Math Tools\SMath Studio\extensions\plugins\44011c1e-5d0d-4533-8e68-e32b5badce41\1.98.7100.23756\
I put the above path into insert->settings, but it show "Cannot find maxima.bat"


Did you install Maxima? If not, follow the link in my signature and see the instructions for installing and configuring Maxima. The plugin just provides the interface.


Thanks. I installed Maxima 5.42.2.
But still can't get result. SM file attached.
maxima.png
maxima.sm (3kb) downloaded 20 time(s).

Edited by user 25 March 2020 04:22:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jean Giraud  
#282 Posted : 24 March 2020 19:01:31(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,430
Canada

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Why so much trouble for ordinary stuff vs Smath Native ?

Native.PNG
Offline netsonicyxf  
#283 Posted : 25 March 2020 04:22:03(UTC)
netsonicyxf


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/03/2020(UTC)
Posts: 35

Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
Why so much trouble for ordinary stuff vs Smath Native ?

Native.PNG


Thanks Jean, but can't get result either.

error:"x not defined"

maple.sm (3kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
Offline CBG  
#284 Posted : 25 March 2020 06:32:16(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 263

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 46 post(s)
put the optimization to symbolic or none

Maple_simbolic.png

Best Regards

Carlos
Offline mkraska  
#285 Posted : 25 March 2020 12:04:40(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,672
Germany

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 581 post(s)
Originally Posted by: netsonicyxf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: netsonicyxf Go to Quoted Post
I have a portable version of Smath 0.99.7251. The Maxima is under D:\Program Files\Math Tools\SMath Studio\extensions\plugins\44011c1e-5d0d-4533-8e68-e32b5badce41\1.98.7100.23756\
I put the above path into insert->settings, but it show "Cannot find maxima.bat"


Did you install Maxima? If not, follow the link in my signature and see the instructions for installing and configuring Maxima. The plugin just provides the interface.


Thanks. I installed Maxima 5.42.2.
But still can't get result. SM file attached.


You have to set Optimization to Symbolic or None to display symbolic results. You can also press Ctrl+. instead of = to get symbolic results from an expression.

@Jean: maple isn't SMath native, you see that if you try it in the cloud version. Also, the legal/license status of the embedded maple executable has never been clarified. There might be people who care about this.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#286 Posted : 25 March 2020 15:46:52(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,430
Canada

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
@Jean: maple isn't SMath native, you see that if you try it in the cloud version. Also, the legal/license status of the embedded maple executable has never been clarified. There might be people who care about this.

YES Martin. On the other hand, Maple is the former Macsyma
joint venture MIT/UT [University of Toronto].
Hard to legal/license to freeware Smath.
The very core Maple is largely due to Angot ancestor.
Thanks Martin ... Cheers/Jean

Offline mkraska  
#287 Posted : 08 October 2020 13:00:15(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,672
Germany

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 581 post(s)
This is an example on how to control the assumptions used for symbolic integration in Maxima.

1-2-4 Widerstandskrafte.png
1-2-4 Widerstandskrafte.sm (13kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
thanks 2 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 08/10/2020(UTC),  on 10/10/2020(UTC)
Offline Jean Giraud  
#288 Posted : 11 October 2020 02:52:49(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,430
Canada

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Get more from less ... typical.

Int More.PNG
Offline Ber7  
#289 Posted : 23 November 2020 22:28:27(UTC)
Ber7


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 395
Man
Israel
Location: Beer-Sheva

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Animation in Maxima
Плагин Maxima не имеет встроенной возможности анимации.
Для создания анимации использовалась программа
https://en.smath.com/for...animation.aspx#post48012
Для записи Gif файла использовалась программа GifCam.


povorot1.sm (75kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
SpiralMaxima.sm (46kb) downloaded 20 time(s).


thanks 3 users thanked Ber7 for this useful post.
on 23/11/2020(UTC),  on 24/11/2020(UTC),  on 25/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Ber7  
#290 Posted : 23 November 2020 22:35:47(UTC)
Ber7


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 395
Man
Israel
Location: Beer-Sheva

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Visualization of animation steps

Slider.sm (160kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
thanks 2 users thanked Ber7 for this useful post.
on 23/11/2020(UTC),  on 24/11/2020(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#291 Posted : 24 November 2020 00:15:12(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,672
Germany

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 581 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ber7 Go to Quoted Post
Animation in Maxima
Плагин Maxima не имеет встроенной возможности анимации.
Для создания анимации использовалась программа
https://en.smath.com/for...animation.aspx#post48012
Для записи Gif файла использовалась программа GifCam.


Very nice. Here is a version with absolute variables (names starting with ~, not easy to input with german keyboard) for execution counter. BTW, the original version reads temp storage before it is written. This throws an error similar to what would happen if I had not checked for a being undefined.

povorot1_kr.sm (76kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
povorot1_kr.png
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 24/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Ber7  
#292 Posted : 24 November 2020 00:35:41(UTC)
Ber7


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 395
Man
Israel
Location: Beer-Sheva

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Vibrations of a rectangular membrane





Vibration Restangular Membrane.sm (185kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked Ber7 for this useful post.
on 24/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Ber7  
#293 Posted : 24 November 2020 01:10:35(UTC)
Ber7


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 395
Man
Israel
Location: Beer-Sheva

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Thanks a lot, Martin. Wonderful! I was not aware of the IsDefined function.

Edited by user 24 November 2020 01:24:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jean Giraud  
#294 Posted : 24 November 2020 17:09:18(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,430
Canada

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Thanks Champions: Martin, Ber7
Offline Ber7  
#295 Posted : 24 November 2020 23:37:40(UTC)
Ber7


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/07/2010(UTC)
Posts: 395
Man
Israel
Location: Beer-Sheva

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Vibrations of a circular membrane.The general case

https://en.smath.com/for...ations-of-membranes.aspx



CircleAntisiimmetr.sm (253kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Edited by user 24 November 2020 23:43:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline alyles  
#296 Posted : 07 May 2021 03:12:01(UTC)
alyles


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/03/2016(UTC)
Posts: 217
United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Andrea993 Go to Quoted Post
We really need a linux port


I agree. Maybe, just an adjustment of the command line for establishing the socket connection is required. Under Windows I use

maxima-installation-path/bin/maxima.bat -l sbcl -s <port number>

This requires
- the .net socket stuff and process control to work under mono,
- a unicode-proof lisp compiler to be installed (which accepts utf-8 socket encoding), under win the only one is steel bank common lisp (SBCL).

Also, I need to know the name of the maxima process for detection of active maxima processes via System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(name). This is required to identify the pid for later kill. Under windows this might be "maxima" or "lisp" or "sbcl". This has changed over the years and may be different under linux.

The plugin might work even as it is, if the maxima startup script is renamed to maxima.bat.

Any information from the linuxing SMatheers is welcome.

BTW, there is a maxima build for android as well...

EDIT: It would also help, if someone could explain me how to build and debug the plugin under Linux. Under Win, I use VS 2015 with the project as found in the SVN repository. Otherwise I need to blindly make changes under win and install and test under linux. This would be a huge drawback compared to the win-only workflow, where compiling and running SMath with the new build in the debugger is just a push of a single button...


Bringing up this topic again. Has there been any progress on this?

Is this at all helpful for building the plugin in linux?

https://dotnet.microsoft...llo-world-tutorial/intro

Edited by user 07 May 2021 03:13:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Feel free to join the SMath Studio Users Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/PayZpJW
Offline mkraska  
#297 Posted : 07 May 2021 11:36:07(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,672
Germany

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 581 post(s)
Originally Posted by: alyles Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Andrea993 Go to Quoted Post
We really need a linux port


I agree. Maybe, just an adjustment of the command line for establishing the socket connection is required. Under Windows I use

maxima-installation-path/bin/maxima.bat -l sbcl -s <port number>

This requires
- the .net socket stuff and process control to work under mono,
- a unicode-proof lisp compiler to be installed (which accepts utf-8 socket encoding), under win the only one is steel bank common lisp (SBCL).

Also, I need to know the name of the maxima process for detection of active maxima processes via System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(name). This is required to identify the pid for later kill. Under windows this might be "maxima" or "lisp" or "sbcl". This has changed over the years and may be different under linux.

The plugin might work even as it is, if the maxima startup script is renamed to maxima.bat.

Any information from the linuxing SMatheers is welcome.

BTW, there is a maxima build for android as well...

EDIT: It would also help, if someone could explain me how to build and debug the plugin under Linux. Under Win, I use VS 2015 with the project as found in the SVN repository. Otherwise I need to blindly make changes under win and install and test under linux. This would be a huge drawback compared to the win-only workflow, where compiling and running SMath with the new build in the debugger is just a push of a single button...


Bringing up this topic again. Has there been any progress on this?

Is this at all helpful for building the plugin in linux?

https://dotnet.microsoft...llo-world-tutorial/intro


There is no progress from my side. Also, for me, there is no chance of digging into it for at least one more year. If someone wants to do that now, I am ready to help. Yet I think that the plugin is merely a demonstrator of what could be done. It lacks a systematic and clean approach, due to lack of proper knowledge on SMath, Maxima and C# internals. It definitely requires a lot of refactoring or re-design from scratch before extending it.




Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline pk_mechanical_eng  
#298 Posted : 13 May 2021 21:44:42(UTC)
pk_mechanical_eng

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 13/05/2021(UTC)
Posts: 3
Man
Germany
Location: Bavaria

Hi Guys,

I'am using Smath for quite a while and already tried to use the Maxima plugin several times without any success.

I was able to do the setup as shown here: https://en.smath.com/for...t2078_Maxima-Plugin.aspx

But unfortunately in Smath the Int() function for symbolic integration never works. I'm pretty sure that I'm missing a little part. Can anyone help me please?Help smilie

Example:
MaximaPlugin.PNG

When I do define x I get the following error
MaximaPlugin1.PNG

And when I do assign something else than a number i get:
MaximaPlugin2.PNG

Edited by user 14 May 2021 09:46:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mkraska  
#299 Posted : 13 May 2021 23:05:17(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,672
Germany

Was thanked: 922 time(s) in 581 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pk_mechanical_eng Go to Quoted Post
Hi Guys,

I'am using Smath for quite a while and already tried to use the Maxima plugin several times without any success.

I was able to do the setup as shown here: https://en.smath.com/for...t2078_Maxima-Plugin.aspx

But unfortunately in Smath the Int() function for symbolic integration never works. I'am pretty sure that I'am missing a little part. Can anyone help me please?Help smilie

Example:
MaximaPlugin.PNG


This is because you use numeric optimization (context menu). If you expect symbolic results, use symbolic optimization ("none" also works, it shows the result from Maxima without further processing by SMath).

Originally Posted by: pk_mechanical_eng Go to Quoted Post


When I do define x I get the following error Wallbash
MaximaPlugin1.PNG

The error message is correct. The integration variable must be unassigned.

Edited by user 13 May 2021 23:07:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline Jean Giraud  
#300 Posted : 14 May 2021 02:03:57(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,430
Canada

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pk_mechanical_eng Go to Quoted Post
I'am using Smath for quite a while and already

... but you have missed the best from Generous Smath Community.
1. Always/first plot the integrand.
2. You integrate over a ranged variate.
3. maple is delivered with native Smath.

Integrate wisely.PNG
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
[Maxima Plugin] is a custom Maxima function call-able in SMath (Questions)
by 007.000 22/05/2018 13:06:49(UTC)
[Maxima Plugin] least common multiple (Questions)
by 007.000 22/05/2018 12:13:20(UTC)
news for Maxima Plugin (Questions)
by oscampo 27/01/2016 18:39:35(UTC)
Maxima plugin error (Bugs & Problems)
by olik 30/11/2015 10:17:28(UTC)
15 Pages«<131415
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.