Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mkraska  
#21 Posted : 14 November 2013 04:05:53(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I have updated the portable distribution (see signature). Please keep in mind that in the current plugin version the setup information is stored in the plugin directory, not in the SMath installation directory like in previous versions.

If the current portable version does not recognize your Maxima installation, please check the following information:
- Maxima version installed on your system?
- Can Maxima be started manually (console version)?
- Is the search path pointing to the path containing maxima.bat?
- post the sm file with the init command




Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 24/11/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#22 Posted : 24 November 2013 20:23:47(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
Plugin updated.

New features:
- det() is now handled by Maxima, this enhances the numeric as well as the symbolic performance and resolve some issues in the native version.
- support of the vector product operator for simplification. Adresses an issue with native symbolic optimization.
- support of Re() and Im() including use of units.
- Improvements for auxiliary messages from Maxima commands (not handled as errors any more)
- support for Lagrangean (prime) format of derivatives, currently limited to x as argument.
- Numeric solver function mNewton(). By far not as good as FindRoot(), but those who know it from Maxima, may use it now in SMath.

Note: you must re-initialize the plugin after the update using MaximaControl("init","path to your maxima installation" ).

Edited by user 24 November 2013 20:40:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Update6.sm (62kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
mkraska attached the following image(s):
update6.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline blarg  
#23 Posted : 06 December 2013 01:18:29(UTC)
blarg

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 28/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 6

Many thanks for your effort on extending the SMATH functionality!

Having issues with the solve, see attached to see what i'm seeing. I used the plugin manager to instal and i'm fairly certain I have the most up to date smath. All other functions work like your demo except for the solve. I've tried redoing the max path update with no luck.



Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Plugin updated.

New features:
- det() is now handled by Maxima, this enhances the numeric as well as the symbolic performance and resolve some issues in the native version.
- support of the vector product operator for simplification. Adresses an issue with native symbolic optimization.
- support of Re() and Im() including use of units.
- Improvements for auxiliary messages from Maxima commands (not handled as errors any more)
- support for Lagrangean (prime) format of derivatives, currently limited to x as argument.
- Numeric solver function mNewton(). By far not as good as FindRoot(), but those who know it from Maxima, may use it now in SMath.

Note: you must re-initialize the plugin after the update using MaximaControl("init","path to your maxima installation" ).

Edited by user 06 December 2013 01:21:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

blarg attached the following image(s):
solve1.png
solve23.png
Offline mkraska  
#24 Posted : 06 December 2013 01:47:48(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
The most recent SMath version is 0.96.4909. The current Maxima plugin version in the online gallery has stability issues with the socket connection between SMath and Maxima. This also affects the handling of error messages. We try to stabilize this in the next release.

Edited by user 06 December 2013 01:50:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline mkraska  
#25 Posted : 15 December 2013 00:52:22(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
Plugin updated.

Changes/Features::
- Custom Control Window (Insert> Maxima control window)
- Settings window for specification of Maxima path
- Debugger Window for step by step Maxima calls
- Log window for more convenient session inspection
- MaximaTakeover() for fine tuning of function takeover
- Maxima path can be documented in the sheet
- stale maxima processes are killed automatically
- Back-translation of at()
- Access to draw package (works only with Maxima 5.31.1-1 or older)

Documentation update in progress...

Edited by user 15 December 2013 01:09:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Update7.sm (89kb) downloaded 100 time(s).
mkraska attached the following image(s):
update7.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 15/12/2013(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#26 Posted : 15 December 2013 17:19:09(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hello Martin,

Glad to see that the progress has been made in Maxima plugin Good . I had a slight problem with initializing Maxima, after updating to Maxima 5.31.2. It refused to do that at first with persistent "..no valid folder path". I managed somehow to use the "Settings" and manual initialization few times and to persuade Maxima to work, but I am not sure how. I am not quite sure why this dialog window reported the "..no valid folder path" subsequently when pressing "Search for maxima.bat" although the path is all right. Never mind, in spite of that it seems to work pretty well except that the draw package can not be loaded for me, see the picture please.

Regards,
Radovan

P.S. This time I broke the Gallery again with installing Maxima plugin. It did not help just to delete the Maxima plugin folder, I had to delete all plugings now, as I did few times before. I have no Idea why the Online Gallery become broken sometimes after the installing a plugin.

[Edit] How stupid of me. It was a folder path therefore the path is C:\Program files\Maxima..\bin - without maxima.bat at the end

Edited by user 15 December 2013 18:08:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

omorr attached the following image(s):
maximabat.png
loaddraw.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
thanks 1 user thanked omorr for this useful post.
on 15/12/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#27 Posted : 15 December 2013 18:20:26(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
Hi Radovan, thanks for the feedback.

The Settings window is somewhat non-intuitive in that it writes the full path to maxima.bat as preset to the entry field and at the same time does accept directory names only. You have to remove "maxima.bat" then this will work.

I admit that this is not a highlight in user-friendly GUI design. I decided not to fight this, because the general solution shall be a file selector dialog. Other glitches like existing windows not coming to the foreground also shall be mitigated in parallel to Kay mastering windows programming.

As to the draw package: this just works with Maxima 5.31.1-1 or older, thus it won't work with Maxima 5.31.2 (see update note). The problem has been reported to the Maxima list, but it is special to our plugin and as such not reproducible by ordinary Maxima users.

Online Gallery: I need to remove Maxima, Include and FunctionsExtensions in order to get access. This is annoying, as in principle, there should be no need any more to re-initialize Maxima after updates. This, however, requires old plugin directories still to exist...

PS: When switching Maxima versions, make sure to delete any compiled maxima stuff in your user directory (search for binary-gcl). The draw package compiles lisp files when loaded for the first time. These are not binary-compatible between different Maxima versions but share the same temp space for object files.

Edited by user 15 December 2013 18:35:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline omorr  
#28 Posted : 15 December 2013 18:21:22(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
By the way, I am just curious why product() is not under "takeover" by Maxima ?
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline omorr  
#29 Posted : 15 December 2013 18:41:24(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post

... As to the draw package: this just works with Maxima 5.31.1-1 or older, thus it won't work with Maxima 5.31.2 (see update note). The problem has been reported to the Maxima list, but it is special to our plugin and as such not reproducible by ordinary Maxima users.

Sorry, It seems I missed this too, because it did not work with my previous Maxima 5.30.0 version as well. I was not careful enough and I thought 5.31.1 or "newer" and not "older".
Never mind, I will uninstall it and install Maxima 5.31.1 and see if this will work for me.
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
PS: When switching Maxima versions, make sure to delete any compiled maxima stuff in your user directory (search for binary-gcl). The draw package compiles lisp files when loaded for the first time. These are not binary-compatible between different Maxima versions but share the same temp space for object files.

Ah yes, thank you. I forgot about it as well because I have few Maxima instances here.

Regards,
Radovan

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#30 Posted : 15 December 2013 18:45:17(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
Originally Posted by: omorr Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I am just curious why product() is not under "takeover" by Maxima ?

Just nobody seemed to need it including us. If you give us some examples then I put this to the todo list. Expect similar problems like with sum(), which won't work properly if not-yet-supported vector and matrix functions are involved (heavy collateral damage to functions from NonlineaSolvers). Therefore, we removed sum() from takeover by MaximaControl("takeover" ).

Edited by user 15 December 2013 18:49:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline omorr  
#31 Posted : 15 December 2013 19:26:05(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: omorr Go to Quoted Post
By the way, I am just curious why product() is not under "takeover" by Maxima ?

Just nobody seemed to need it including us. If you give us some examples then I put this to the todo list. Expect similar problems like with sum(), which won't work properly if not-yet-supported vector and matrix functions are involved (heavy collateral damage to functions from NonlineaSolvers). Therefore, we removed sum() from takeover by MaximaControl("takeover" ).

Yes, I see your point. I just saw now that, contrary to MaximaControl( "takeover" ), MaximaTakeover( "all" ) will use sum() as well. It seems that sum() (and not yet supported product()) should be avoided in Maxima at the moment (see the picture please - is this a bug?). To be honest, I have more confidence in Maxima than in SMath regarding some more complicated sums and products.

Regards,
Radovan
omorr attached the following image(s):
summaxima.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
thanks 1 user thanked omorr for this useful post.
on 15/12/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#32 Posted : 15 December 2013 21:12:54(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
This is a bug in the back-translation. Thanks for reporting.
mkraska attached the following image(s):
sum.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline omorr  
#33 Posted : 16 December 2013 02:06:21(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
I think I figured out how to resolve the loading draw package. It seems that load(draw) in SMath did not produce the compiled lisp code (binary-gcl in user folder) - I do not know why. Therefore I started XMaxima, wxMaxima and there issued load(draw). That produces the needed compiled object files. After that, load(draw) inside SMath worked - see the picture.

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 16 December 2013 02:12:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

omorr attached the following image(s):
drawpackage.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline omorr  
#34 Posted : 16 December 2013 14:03:43(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
I just tried to test now some packages which depend on draw package (descriptive, stats). In general, I can get the result but there are some things I can not do (due to the limited Maxima plugin features - I think), or I do not know how to resolve them.

In stats package, there are nice stat tests but the output is in text format and I do not know how to get that, for instance


(%i1) load( "stats" )$
(%i2) data: [78,64,35,45,45,75,43,74,42,42]$
(%i3) test_mean(data,'conflevel=0.9,'alternative='less,'mean=50);
| MEAN TEST
|
| mean_estimate = 54.3
|
| conf_level = 0.9
|
| conf_interval = [minf, 61.51314273502712]
|
(%o3) | method = Exact t-test. Unknown variance.
|
| hypotheses = H0: mean = 50 , H1: mean < 50
|
| statistic = .8244705235071678
|
| distribution = [student_t, 9]
|
| p_value = .7845100411786889


I struggled with this, but no success.

In descriptive package, there are quite interesting functions for me, but do not know how to use few stats plots from that package (see the picture). There is no error issued, but there is one step I missed (I suppose). How to export the graph to say SVG and to import it into SMath?.

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 16 December 2013 14:06:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
stat distrib.sm (24kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
omorr attached the following image(s):
stat distrib.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#35 Posted : 16 December 2013 14:33:32(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
With the text output we shall see what we can do.
With the stat plots: they are just like any draw based plots, add filename and terminal as options and import the images. It is essential to append the optional arguments and not to put them in front of required arguments (data).
mkraska attached the following image(s):
descr.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline omorr  
#36 Posted : 16 December 2013 16:19:40(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
With the text output we shall see what we can do.

Thank you. Looking forward to that Good
Originally Posted by: mkraska Go to Quoted Post
With the stat plots: they are just like any draw based plots, add filename and terminal as options and import the images. It is essential to append the optional arguments and not to put them in front of required arguments (data).

Thank you for this as well. Martin, could you please open this file. I can not see what I was doing wrong. Files have not been saved. I tried to recalculate many times (sometimes peculiar things happened when load(stats) was present - therefore I deleted it at the moment)

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 16 December 2013 16:21:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
stat distrib-1.sm (26kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
omorr attached the following image(s):
stat distrib-1.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#37 Posted : 16 December 2013 20:44:46(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
No problem with display and gnuplot here. Make sure you have decent version of ImageRegion and MathcadFileAccess, you also might use windows search to find where the files are written.
mkraska attached the following image(s):
draw.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
Offline omorr  
#38 Posted : 17 December 2013 00:19:38(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hello Martin,

There are some strange things that happened here. Find attached the files I was played with. If you have patience, please just take a look at this video

Maxima draw

The strange thing is that when I have deleted the *.svg files, then I can not see the plots never mind how many times I restart.

I can see the files when I just open your "Update7.sm" file and after that I restart "stat distrib-3.sm" file.

Pictures are a bit distorted, and after restarting they change their size. I hav no idea why is this happening. Only the boxplot keeps its size

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 17 December 2013 00:23:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
stat distrib-3.sm (41kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
Update7.sm (89kb) downloaded 60 time(s).
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mkraska  
#39 Posted : 17 December 2013 01:40:29(UTC)
mkraska


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 15/04/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,592
Germany

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 552 post(s)
Hello Radovan,

nice to see you seriously digging into Maxima plotting. I confirm the problem of deleted files not re-appearing after re-calculation. This problem is gone if you reset your session using MaximaControl("restart" ).

The problem with distorted plots is in fact a problem of proportional axes scaling which is set as plot default in the beginning of the sheet. BTW, you might reduce the plot size by assigning appropriate defaults there.
mkraska attached the following image(s):
stat.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://en.smath.info/wi...th%20with%20Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 17/12/2013(UTC)
Offline omorr  
#40 Posted : 17 December 2013 12:48:49(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,734
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Thank you Martin,

I should have paid more attention on these parameters Confusion

By the way, I hope I would not mind if I ask you why the last plot refuses to use the plot name (I can use maxima_out.png though which has been made here - not quite understand this as well)

Regards,
Radovan
File Attachment(s):
stat distrib-4.sm (39kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
omorr attached the following image(s):
scaterplot.png
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
[Maxima Plugin] is a custom Maxima function call-able in SMath (Questions)
by 007.000 22/05/2018 13:06:49(UTC)
[Maxima Plugin] least common multiple (Questions)
by 007.000 22/05/2018 12:13:20(UTC)
news for Maxima Plugin (Questions)
by oscampo 27/01/2016 18:39:35(UTC)
Maxima plugin error (Bugs & Problems)
by olik 30/11/2015 10:17:28(UTC)
15 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.