Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login


3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#41 Posted : 21 September 2022 17:42:12(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 28/02/2022(UTC)
Posts: 21
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dont forget the "Details" screen.

2022-09-21_11-07.png

Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#42 Posted : 21 September 2022 17:47:59(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 28/02/2022(UTC)
Posts: 21
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kenny Lemens Go to Quoted Post
Thank you uni; it is beneficial to understanding the driving cause for the changes in the EULA.

However, I believe rex he was making a comment to the effect:
  • The Pricing https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing; features the "can be used for commercial purposes"
  • Per https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/license; "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;"
  • per the EULA (english) installed/accepted via the actual install:, "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;".


If we want to use SMath for commercial purposes, we are left with the dilemma that the actual EULA only mentions private use (and infers commercial/educational uses might not be authorized). It would be nice if commercial use, and the limitations thereof, are included in the EULA.

Yours Sincerely,
-Kenny Lemens, P.E.


Originally Posted by: rex he Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Do you change your decision in the New version 1.0?

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.


Hi Andrey, thanks for letting me use this wonderful software for many years...
I just read all the discussions in here, but I found the comments in the pricing & License is not the same:
Pricing.pnglicense.png

This may lead misunderstanding if someone only check the License page...


Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kenny. As far as I understand, to be able to use it for commercial purposes (and I guess academics too) you only need to register it, and not install it with that account on more than 5 computers, as can be read in the green option in https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing

pricing.jpg

What I do assume is that in each of these installations you need to log in so as not to violate the conditions of your purchase, free but with registration needed.

That is, if you use it without logging in, you can still use it for personal, but not for commercial purposes.

Best regards.
Alvaro.


I think it's not, when we log in the details show private use... Where I work, I had problems because of the license agreement. The IT department demanded that I remove Smath Studio.

For now, the only solution is still using any version before 7822.



thanks 1 user thanked Hildebrando Pereira for this useful post.
on 21/09/2022(UTC)
Offline Razonar  
#43 Posted : 21 September 2022 19:17:20(UTC)
Razonar


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 28/08/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,390
Uruguay

Was thanked: 845 time(s) in 534 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
...

I think it's not, when we log in the details show private use... Where I work, I had problems because of the license agreement. The IT department demanded that I remove Smath Studio.

For now, the only solution is still using any version before 7822.


Hi Hildebrando. I see, you're right.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline GlennTg  
#44 Posted : 26 July 2023 17:23:33(UTC)
GlennTg

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 17/06/2020(UTC)
Posts: 7
Belgium
Location: Sint-Niklaas

Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Do you change your decision in the New version 1.0?

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.


Hello Andrey,

Could you please shed some light on this? There is another topic as well on this: https://en.smath.com/for...23565_PDF-watermark.aspx
I experienced as well that I often have to login again to get rid of the watermark. Sometimes, it shows my name in green as if I am logged in and the watermark still persists. In this case, rebooting temporarily fixes the problem.

Is this a bug or do you intend to limit the free use of SMath for commercial purposes outside Russia? I can respect either answer, but some clarity would be helpful to help us make motivated decisions on the use of SMath in the future.

Best regards,

Offline Stargate38  
#45 Posted : 28 June 2024 10:16:16(UTC)
Stargate38


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 26/03/2019(UTC)
Posts: 13
United States
Location: My house

PLEASE make the Modeller Region plugin available for free immediately! Either that or make it so that if a person installed some plugin(s) before the license changed, they can keep updating/using them without needing a subscription. Better yet, make all plugins free again, and offer a perpetual license option so that people only have to pay once for the license. Some people can't afford subscriptions. I hate it that I can't update/use certain plugins without upgrading. Mad
Offline alyles  
#46 Posted : 29 June 2024 05:53:47(UTC)
alyles


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/03/2016(UTC)
Posts: 279
United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stargate38 Go to Quoted Post
PLEASE make the Modeller Region plugin available for free immediately! Either that or make it so that if a person installed some plugin(s) before the license changed, they can keep updating/using them without needing a subscription. Better yet, make all plugins free again, and offer a perpetual license option so that people only have to pay once for the license. Some people can't afford subscriptions. I hate it that I can't update/use certain plugins without upgrading. Mad


Have you tried offline installation?
https://wiki.smath.com/en-US/Plugins

Most plugins are still free to use/update. They just don't auto update through the app without a paid license.
Feel free to join the SMath Studio Users Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/PayZpJW
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.