Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Kenny Lemens  
#21 Posted : 06 April 2022 20:57:24(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Decision made.
SMath Studio remains to be free for commercial purposes for all countries except Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. With only one requirement: registration is required. Paid plans conditions and a web-site updated.

Andrey, can you update the EULA to reflect your decision? I saw that the ru.smath.com reflects your "free for private use only" and the en.smath.com reflects the "free for commercial and private use" position; however your decision isn't based on preferred language, but rather by country. You could modify the EULA to the effect of:

• SMath Studio is free for private/educational
  • SMath Studio is free for commercial with the following exceptions:
    • Use within Russia (requires the purchase of a commercial license)
    • Use within Belarus (requires the purchase of a commercial license)
    • Use within Ukraine (requires the purchase of a commercial license)

Also, could you reword the following statement in the EULA_ENG?
Quote:
This License Agreement applies to all future updates/new versions of SMath Studio.
This sentence is in direct conflict with the following sentence and can be confusing.

Finally, in light of this whole discussion, having https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/license (or https://ru.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/license) reflect both the current EULA (unaffected) and the new EULA of the NEXT release (currently in beta) is less than ideal; Would it be possible to associate an EULA with its associated version, similar to the following layout?
- - - [SMath] EULA.jpg

Thank you
-Kenny Lemens P.E.
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
thanks 1 user thanked Kenny Lemens for this useful post.
on 26/04/2022(UTC)
Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#22 Posted : 26 April 2022 16:08:56(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Andrey!

Do you change your decision in the New version 1.0?

Best regards
Offline alyles  
#23 Posted : 26 April 2022 17:25:47(UTC)
alyles

United States

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Attached is the EULAs that ships with version 1.0

I was presented with the ENG version below.

Quote:
SMath Studio License Agreement
• The SMath Studio program is distributed as freeware;
• All copyrights to SMath Studio are exclusively owned by its author, Andrey Ivashov (http://smath.com/);
• The SMath Studio may be freely distributed provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of SMath Studio without written permission from the copyright holder. Only unmodified installer can be redistributed; redistribution of SMath Studio binaries in any other form is not permitted;
• This License Agreement applies to all future updates/new versions of SMath Studio. By agreeing to install updates/new versions of SMath Studio you accept the terms of this Agreement for the relevant updates/new versions of SMath Studio, if upgrade/install of the new version of SMath Studio is not accompanied by any other license agreement;
• Installing and using SMath Studio signifies acceptance of all the terms and conditions of the license;
• If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove SMath Studio files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.

SMATH STUDIO PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS".
NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
YOU USE THE PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.

There is also a Russian version of the EULA copied below:

Quote:
Лицензионное соглашение SMath Studio
⦁ SMath Studio представляет собой математическую программу с графическим интерфейсом, разработанную для автоматизации расчётов;
⦁ Все авторские права на SMath Studio принадлежат исключительно ее автору, Андрею Петровичу Ивашову (https://smath.com/);
⦁ Программа SMath Studio распространяется бесплатно для частного использования. Возможности программы и её сфера применения могут быть расширены путём приобретения дополнительных сервисов, привязанных к персональной учётной записи;
⦁ SMath Studio может свободно распространяться при условии, что настоящий дистрибутив не изменен. Ни одно лицо или организация не может брать плату за распространение SMath Studio без письменного разрешения владельца авторских прав. Только немодифицированный дистрибутив может быть использован для распространения; распространение файлов SMath Studio в любой другой форме не допускается;
⦁ Действие настоящего Лицензионного соглашения распространяется на все последующие обновления/новые версии SMath Studio. Соглашаясь с установкой обновления/новой версии SMath Studio, вы принимаете условия настоящего Лицензионного соглашения для соответствующих обновлений/новых версий SMath Studio, если обновление/установка новой версии SMath Studio не сопровождается иным Лицензионным соглашением;
⦁ Установка и использование SMath Studio означает принятие всех условий Лицензионного соглашения;
⦁ Если вы не согласны с условиями данного Лицензионного соглашения, то должны удалить файлы SMath Studio со своих устройств хранения информации и прекратить использование продукта.

ПРОГРАММА SMATH STUDIO РАСПРОСТРАНЯЕТСЯ "КАК ЕСТЬ".
АВТОР НЕ ПРЕДОСТАВЛЯЕТ НИКАКИХ ГАРАНТИЙ, ЯВНЫХ ИЛИ ПОДРАЗУМЕВАЕМЫХ.
ВЫ ИСПОЛЬЗУЕТЕ ПРОГРАММУ НА СВОЙ СТРАХ И РИСК.
АВТОР НЕ НЕСЕТ ОТВЕТСТВЕННОСТИ ЗА ПОТЕРИ ДАННЫХ, ПОВРЕЖДЕНИЯ, ПОТЕРИ ПРИБЫЛИ ИЛИ ЛЮБЫЕ ДРУГИЕ ВИДЫ ПОТЕРЬ, СВЯЗАННЫЕ С ИСПОЛЬЗОВАНИЕМ ИЛИ НЕПРАВИЛЬНЫМ ИСПОЛЬЗОВАНИЕМ ДАННОГО ПРОГРАММНОГО ОБЕСПЕЧЕНИЯ.

Quote:

Google Translation:
SMath Studio License Agreement
⦁ SMath Studio is a mathematical program with a graphical interface designed to automate calculations;
⦁ All copyrights to SMath Studio belong exclusively to its author, Andrey Petrovich Ivashov (https://smath.com/);
⦁ SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope can be expanded by purchasing additional services linked to a personal account;
⦁ SMath Studio may be freely redistributed provided that the original distribution is not modified. No person or organization may charge a fee for distributing SMath Studio without the written permission of the copyright owner. Only an unmodified distribution may be used for distribution; redistribution of SMath Studio files in any other form is not permitted;
⦁ This EULA applies to all future updates/new versions of SMath Studio. By agreeing to install an update/new version of SMath Studio, you accept the terms of this EULA for the relevant updates/new versions of SMath Studio, unless the update/installation of a new version of SMath Studio is accompanied by a different License Agreement;
⦁ Installing and using SMath Studio means acceptance of all the terms of the License Agreement;
⦁ If you do not agree to the terms of this License Agreement, you must delete the SMath Studio files from your storage devices and stop using the product.
THE SMATH STUDIO PROGRAM IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS".
THE AUTHOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE SOFTWARE.

EULA.zip (4kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Edited by user 26 April 2022 17:38:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Feel free to join the SMath Studio Users Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/PayZpJW
Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#24 Posted : 26 April 2022 18:11:19(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank's, i think the login screen is the same for English and Rússia version
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#25 Posted : 26 April 2022 22:57:34(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.
thanks 3 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 27/04/2022(UTC),  on 29/04/2022(UTC),  on 30/04/2022(UTC)
Offline Jason McCool  
#26 Posted : 30 April 2022 05:30:57(UTC)
Jason McCool

Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It's a strange world where 1 country invades another country and my country gets accused of trying to kill the invading country (by Andrey) and of being an "empire" apparently trying to profit from all this (by mkraska). Guys, I dearly enjoy this software, and I like how users can come together from many different countries to contribute to making some good math software that benefits everyone. But we're not out to kill Russia, and we don't want an empire. Most of us just want to live in peace and not get drawn into another world war like we were the last 2 times countries in Europe started fighting. The sanctions and pressure from the West is just because Russia can't go invading other countries just because it wants to. That's what Hitler did 80+ years ago and nobody wants to see that tragedy played out again, so everybody is trying to apply pressure economically rather than than just going straight to war over it like the last century. Everybody I know here, their heart breaks for the people killed, homes destroyed, schools and hospitals bombed. It's all horrible and so preventable. One of my favorite engineering programs for steel connection design, Idea StatiCa Connection, out of Brno in the Czech Republic, decided to cut off all licenses for their software to Russia, after investing in programming to support SNiP, the Russian design standard. Why? Because they didn't want to even be associated with Russia and they wanted their Russian users to understand the serious significance of the course of action your leader is pursuing. I don't like that private sanctions like that affect fellow engineers in Russia just trying to do their daily design work, or that international sanctions affect SMath donations for you, Andrey, but all the blame for all of this mess rests squarely on Putin's shoulders. But for what it's worth, when he pulls back whatever Russian troops survive this badly executed invasion, and the sanctions are lifted, I'll donate to you. As always, thanks for all the hard work you've put in over the years on this, Andrey. Stay safe over there, my friend.

Jason
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA
Offline uni  
#27 Posted : 30 April 2022 08:20:34(UTC)
uni

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 745 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jason McCool Go to Quoted Post
It's a strange world where 1 country invades another country

Do not worry, everything will be fine. I myself was born in Ukraine (Energodar). You may not know, but sanctions are of great importance for Russia - they help to avoid contact with the West in many areas and to develop their production. They are very necessary and important after many years of stagnation. As for me, it would be very cool if they stayed forever. They slow down the influence of the West on Russia. The West is not entirely healthy and it would be better if it limits itself from Russia.
As for Hitler, you are probably aware that Stepan Bandera is a national hero in Ukraine. In Russia (and even more so in the Soviet Union) this is unimaginable.

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline mkraska  
#28 Posted : 30 April 2022 21:11:38(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
But we're not out to kill Russia, and we don't want an empire.

I am sure you are right. It is always good to care about the difference between what people want and do and what governments want and do, no matter which country, i.e. no double standards.

As of what the government (or the big money behind it) wants, this reading might be interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_imperialism
It is the first match of 845.000.000 in a google search for "US empire".

Yet, Wikipedia must be read with all due care. It is generally unreliably if it comes to politics (cancel culture, corona lockstep).

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Jason McCool  
#29 Posted : 01 May 2022 04:19:28(UTC)
Jason McCool

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: uni Go to Quoted Post
Do not worry, everything will be fine. I myself was born in Ukraine (Energodar). You may not know, but sanctions are of great importance for Russia - they help to avoid contact with the West in many areas and to develop their production. They are very necessary and important after many years of stagnation. As for me, it would be very cool if they stayed forever. They slow down the influence of the West on Russia. The West is not entirely healthy and it would be better if it limits itself from Russia.
As for Hitler, you are probably aware that Stepan Bandera is a national hero in Ukraine. In Russia (and even more so in the Soviet Union) this is unimaginable.

That is interesting. I've noticed your "Russia forever" signature in the past, but did not know you were born in Ukraine. And it doesn't bother me if someone is proud of their home country - I am too (most of the time). But I would imagine this war would cause some mixed feelings, at least, for you, would it not? Supposing my home state of Arkansas and my birth state of Texas went to war for some reason, I wouldn't want that no matter how justified I thought one or the other was. I have friends and family in both, and no matter who won, people I love might die. Not that I don't care about all the people I don't know dying, but it would hit closer to one's heart in that kind of situation.

Yes, there are definitely some bad influences from over here right now. I don't particularly like that we've lost our way as a country, and then try to promote that as a good course of action to other countries. I don't know how much longer we'll even be able to stay a "united" States of America. But I don't think isolation is ever the right answer. We learn too much good from each other to let those opportunities pass. I can think of 2 technical areas where the world has benefited from Ukranian/Russian knowledge: 1) the Paton Welding Institute pioneered much creative technology like electroslag welding in the 50's that is now used all over the world, and 2) an article my structural engineering magazine published last year on glued-in rods for connections in large wood beams and columns actually used a lot of Russian research because that technique is relatively unheard of here in the US but has been used in Russia for roughly 30 years. Isolation may protect us from some bad influences, but it also inherently cuts us off from good things too. Where would I be without the books of Dostoevsky, for instance? As the people who like to eat sunflower seeds here would say, "Eat the seeds and spit out the shells." (i.e. accept the good and reject the bad)

I was not aware of Stepan Bandera, although it sounds like he is actually fairly controversial in Ukraine, from what I read. Regardless, I don't think Ukraine is some angelic faultless nation, but do their faults justify invasion? I don't think so. We could justify invading North Korea or a host of other countries with that logic....

Peace, my friend (and thanks for your many contributions to SMath that I have benefited from over the years).
Jason
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA
Offline uni  
#30 Posted : 01 May 2022 08:39:00(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

That is interesting. I've noticed your "Russia forever" signature in the past, but did not know you were born in Ukraine.

In fact, I was born in the Soviet Union. At that time, it didn't matter where you were born. I was born in the ukrainian part of the Soviet Union, but I was brought up in a soviet school.

Quote:
Supposing my home state of Arkansas and my birth state of Texas went to war for some reason, I wouldn't want that no matter how justified I thought one or the other was.

It's not the same thing. President Putin even explained in his televised address that one should look at the history of the issue. Did you watch his full one-hour historical explanation? What is not clear to you?

Link to full video (rus):

Quote:
I have friends and family in both, and no matter who won, people I love might die.

It depends on the question. If they come to the threshold of your house and the question arises of who will die, then you will make your choice. We look at the military bases around Russia and make our choice. What happens near our house is our problem. We don't like the way the US is behaving either, but when did anyone care? I specifically quoted the first sentence in the previous post for you to think before you continue.

30 years have passed and your family is no longer yours in this particular example. One day your family tells you that we are no longer a family. Here is one example of what it looks like (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv97YeC563Y). Here, a ukrainian teenager explains in russian in the form of a verse that we are no longer brothers and never will be. This is the result of modern education. I lived in Ukraine before she was born and it is impossible to imagine such a thing then. This is a mild example, which I want to show that war is not only hot. There are other ways of waging war on foreign territory. We've had it for 30 years.

Quote:
We could justify invading North Korea or a host of other countries with that logic

I have no doubt that North Korea would have ended long ago if they didn't have nuclear weapons. When did the US stop something? One vial was enough to invade Iraq. I'm not talking about everything else.
Of course, the point is not only in Bandera, his methods and georization. If you are really interested, then you should have read the entire history of Ukraine up to modern times. Further, you need to understand that there are no independent small countries in nature. They simply don't exist. Each such country makes a choice in the person of its elite. If it can't, then this leads to a civil war - as in Ukraine (Crimea, Donetsk, Lugansk). If the government does not want to give up its positions, then it is forced by force (Russia - 1993, Ukraine - 2014). You will understand all this when tanks come to your White House and shoot it down, as was done in Russia.

All these events are directly related to the collapse of the Soviet Union. They are trying to finish us off with the help of the collective West. This story goes on for 1000 years. Russia has always been at war, but the West has been at war for much longer. It is foolish to assume that in the world of money, resources and power, someone will try to make friends. We tried, but it was taken for weakness. Why test our patience?

Russia wants to be accepted as an equal on this planet. And this will have to be done. Either we will be equal or we will be divided and destroyed, as is usually done. This is how this issue is seen in general from our side.
Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline ElSid  
#31 Posted : 02 May 2022 19:29:47(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Unfortunately, the song "Wonderful" from Wicked nails what is going on in the world:
Quote:
A man's called a traitor or liberator
A rich man's a thief or philanthropist
Is one a crusader or ruthless invader?
It's all in which label is able to persist

Be safe to all.
Offline Jason McCool  
#32 Posted : 05 May 2022 06:38:19(UTC)
Jason McCool

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: uni Go to Quoted Post
It depends on the question. If they come to the threshold of your house and the question arises of who will die, then you will make your choice. We look at the military bases around Russia and make our choice. What happens near our house is our problem. We don't like the way the US is behaving either, but when did anyone care?

Situations can always be complex and not readily understood by outsiders, but unless I am mistaken, it is the Russian tanks and snipers at the threshold of the Ukrainian houses, is it not? It seems from this side that the Ukrainians are the ones having to ask who will die and make their choice... Unsure

Quote:
This is a mild example, which I want to show that war is not only hot. There are other ways of waging war on foreign territory. We've had it for 30 years.

That is true. America had the "cold war" with the USSR for many years. But a hot war is always a significant escalation from those alternative means. That's why so many countries have condemned the actions of Russia in this case - an actual invasion and the targeting of civilian population centers in particular is a very hot war that is difficult to justify except as a last resort.

Quote:
Further, you need to understand that there are no independent small countries in nature. They simply don't exist. Each such country makes a choice in the person of its elite. If it can't, then this leads to a civil war - as in Ukraine (Crimea, Donetsk, Lugansk). If the government does not want to give up its positions, then it is forced by force (Russia - 1993, Ukraine - 2014). You will understand all this when tanks come to your White House and shoot it down, as was done in Russia.

I don't think I understand you when you say there are no independent small countries in nature. There are many small independent countries. Generally any big country started out small and grew either into unpopulated areas, into populated areas at their expense (i.e. by force) or by joining or merging with other areas via confederations, compacts, commonwealths, constitutions, charters, etc.

Quote:
All these events are directly related to the collapse of the Soviet Union. They are trying to finish us off with the help of the collective West. This story goes on for 1000 years. Russia has always been at war, but the West has been at war for much longer. It is foolish to assume that in the world of money, resources and power, someone will try to make friends. We tried, but it was taken for weakness. Why test our patience?

Russia wants to be accepted as an equal on this planet. And this will have to be done. Either we will be equal or we will be divided and destroyed, as is usually done. This is how this issue is seen in general from our side.

That is an interesting perspective, but that seems to ignore a lot of very bloody history. I mean, the Soviet Union and Communist China had the 2 worst body counts in the history of the entire world for total number of their own citizens killed by their respective governments. There is a history of persecution there, but the Soviet Union was the persecutor. I was in Kazakhstan a few years ago, and the Kazakhs told me about the forcible removal from homes and relocation while Russians were brought in to take their places to break up the Kazakh identity as a distinct people group. When I was a kid, my mom exchanged letters with a lady in the USSR named Galina who was in prison for several years for being a Christian. Stuff like that from the old Soviet era hopefully never recurs. I like Russian culture and food and I find the Cyrillic alphabet fascinating, and I like you and Andrey (the only Russians I even remotely know), but if Russia as a nation wants to be accepted by others, it simply needs to show that it can can be trusted to get along with other countries and not invade them or threaten them with nuclear missiles and whatnot, and not imprison people or exile them to Siberia or simply kill them for disagreeing with the government as in the past. That's a lot of old baggage to deal with, and invading Ukraine again isn't helping. It's only making Russia look like a reincarnated USSR that everyone needs to fear again, and arm themselves against, and then we're just right back at the same old paranoid cold war we had when I was a growing up. Let's not go back to those days.

Take care, my friend.

Jason
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA
Offline uni  
#33 Posted : 05 May 2022 06:52:58(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

I recommend that you find the full translation of what Putin said in his hour-long video before the operation and listen to it carefully. You don't want to listen to what we tell you. We in Russia know better what is happening at our borders, and we have already learned from the experience of 08.08.08 with Georgia.
One of the Americans (https://www.youtube.com/c/СаняВоФлориде) can explain to you what Putin said if you can't understand it on your own.

I found the second part for you with subtitles.

P.S. I personally know the following about the Soviet Union. My young parents were ordinary workers. There was no unemployment in the USSR, since all young specialists were sent to specific places throughout the country. My parents were assigned to Ukraine, to the city of Energodar. My father worked as a faucet repair (electrician). At first they lived nearby in the village, when 2 sons were born, the parents received a two-room apartment from the Soviet authorities. When the third son was born, they moved to a new three-room modern apartment for that time with two balconies. It was heaven. I know this because I lived for a long time under capitalism in Siberia.
I can't imagine such a thing under capitalism, so that young specialists are given an apartment forever. All such apartments after the collapse of the Soviet Union became the private property of their owners. We are grateful to the Soviet Union at least for this.

Edited by user 05 May 2022 07:59:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline Razonar  
#34 Posted : 05 May 2022 08:09:35(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
I was in Kazakhstan a few years ago, and the Kazakhs told me about the forcible removal from homes and relocation while Russians were brought in to take their places to break up the Kazakh identity as a distinct people group. ...

That's horrible. There is no doubt. I condemn it. And I condemned it with the same firmness that I condemn other atrocities, without looking the other way. Do you condemn with the same firmness these other crimes?

From http://nativeamericannetroots.net/diary/1408

According to the Hoover Commission:

“The basis for historic Indian culture has been swept away. Traditional tribal organization was smashed a generation ago. … Assimilation must be the dominant goal of public policy.” ...

Legislation reorganized the Indian Office in 1946. Forty reservation-based offices were eliminated and regional headquarters were established in five cities: Minneapolis, Billings, Portland, Phoenix, and Oklahoma City. On the one hand, this reorganization was justified as a movement to streamline management and to make it more cost-effective. On the other hand, it was a move away from meeting the needs of reservation Indians and a vehicle for accelerating the relocation of Indians from their tribal homelands into urban areas.

The Indian Office was renamed the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) in 1947. At this time, the BIA began an experimental program to relocate single Navajo men to Denver, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake.

I see no sanctions on Canada while these crimes remain unpunished. This video is from BBC.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline uni  
#35 Posted : 05 May 2022 08:29:20(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

I was in Kazakhstan a few years ago, and the Kazakhs told me about the forcible removal from homes and relocation while Russians were brought in to take their places to break up the Kazakh identity as a distinct people group.

I also visit Kazakhstan because I go to the mountains. I also visit Kyrgyzstan. Yes, there were movements of people in Soviet times, but before making judgments about this, you need to figure out what was done and why.
I want to note from my personal life about "identity". When I lived in Ukraine, we had to learn 2 languages ​​at school: Russian and Ukrainian. I have a sheet with my grades from that time and I can show it. We lived in the eastern part of Ukraine and most people there spoke Russian (it is their native language), but the children in the Soviet school studied both languages. Now the Russian language in Ukraine has been purposefully suppressed for years.

The prohibition of the use of the native language is something that Putin also mentioned. They are trying to do this throughout the post-Soviet space. Why not talk about it? When you try to figure out what's going on, you only see a small part of the picture.
When the United States trained the military of Georgia and supplied them with weapons, this should not have concerned us, but when Saakashvili attacked South Ossetia, this touched us. The United States did the same with Ukraine - it trained and supplied weapons. The US is still doing it. Russia gave Ukraine independence, territories, canceled all debts and paid external debts, sells energy resources at low prices, doing this for decades. We say in this case: The family has its black sheep (в семье не без урода). The West in such cases is very cruel - it blows its head, as was shown in the recent history with small countries.
Russia knows that modern technology allows an entire country to forget its history. And now it is not so important for us what the West thinks about it. Putin also said this to everyone.

P.S. I found the sources in english. I think after reading this, a thoughtful reader will understand the motives of Russia.

Links:

1. Address by the President of the Russian Federation (February 21, 2022, 22:35 The Kremlin, Moscow): http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/67828
2. Address by the President of the Russian Federation (February 24, 2022, 06:00 The Kremlin, Moscow): http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/67843

Edited by user 05 May 2022 11:16:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Offline johnpan  
#36 Posted : 16 May 2022 03:07:04(UTC)
johnpan

China

One of the important laws prepared is that if we have a Russian analogue of a foreign software which is wanted by organizations then these organizations (not all of them actually) must use Russian software instead of the foreign one (real law is much more complex).
Because of current situation Russia and Belarus are very integrated today (at least because both of these contries are under infinite number of sanctions now) and our laws became very similar as well. Regarding Ukraine... most likely in couple of Months it will have the same amount of sanctions and will also be integrated with Russia, like Belarus today.

it's similar in CHINA. I love people in USA, and a lot of friend there, but NOT the GOV. everybody in every country have the right for better life.
Offline rex he  
#37 Posted : 21 September 2022 04:42:25(UTC)
rex he

China

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.

Hi Andrey, thanks for letting me use this wonderful software for many years...
I just read all the discussions in here, but I found the comments in the pricing & License is not the same:
Pricing.pnglicense.png

This may lead misunderstanding if someone only check the License page...
Offline uni  
#38 Posted : 21 September 2022 10:55:39(UTC)
uni

Man
Russian Federation

The President Putin signed Executive On Declaring Partial Mobilisation in the Russian Federation.

Links:

1. Обращение Президента Российской Федерации (21 сентября 2022 года 09:00, Кремль, Москва): http://www.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/69390 [RUS] (more complete)
2. Executive Order on partial mobilisation in the Russian Federation (September 21, 2022, 09:00, The Kremlin, Moscow): http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/69391 [ENG]

Edited by user 21 September 2022 11:47:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russia ☭ forever
Viacheslav N. Mezentsev
Online Kenny Lemens  
#39 Posted : 21 September 2022 16:27:59(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Thank you uni; it is beneficial to understanding the driving cause for the changes in the EULA.

However, I believe rex he was making a comment to the effect:
  • The Pricing https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing; features the "can be used for commercial purposes"
  • Per https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/license; "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;"
  • per the EULA (english) installed/accepted via the actual install:, "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;".

If we want to use SMath for commercial purposes, we are left with the dilemma that the actual EULA only mentions private use (and infers commercial/educational uses might not be authorized). It would be nice if commercial use, and the limitations thereof, are included in the EULA.

Yours Sincerely,
-Kenny Lemens, P.E.
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
Offline Razonar  
#40 Posted : 21 September 2022 17:31:54(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Hi Kenny. As far as I understand, to be able to use it for commercial purposes (and I guess academics too) you only need to register it, and not install it with that account on more than 5 computers, as can be read in the green option in https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing

pricing.jpg

What I do assume is that in each of these installations you need to log in so as not to violate the conditions of your purchase, free but with registration needed.

That is, if you use it without logging in, you can still use it for personal, but not for commercial purposes.

Best regards.
Alvaro.