Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#41 Posted : 21 September 2022 17:42:12(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira

Groups: Registered
Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dont forget the "Details" screen.

2022-09-21_11-07.png

Offline Hildebrando Pereira  
#42 Posted : 21 September 2022 17:47:59(UTC)
Hildebrando Pereira

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kenny Lemens Go to Quoted Post
Thank you uni; it is beneficial to understanding the driving cause for the changes in the EULA.

However, I believe rex he was making a comment to the effect:
  • The Pricing https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing; features the "can be used for commercial purposes"
  • Per https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/license; "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;"
  • per the EULA (english) installed/accepted via the actual install:, "SMath Studio is free for private use. The capabilities of the program and its scope of application can be expanded by purchasing additional services associated with a personal account;".

If we want to use SMath for commercial purposes, we are left with the dilemma that the actual EULA only mentions private use (and infers commercial/educational uses might not be authorized). It would be nice if commercial use, and the limitations thereof, are included in the EULA.

Yours Sincerely,
-Kenny Lemens, P.E.

Originally Posted by: rex he Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hildebrando Pereira Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Do you change your decision in the New version 1.0?

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.

Hi Andrey, thanks for letting me use this wonderful software for many years...
I just read all the discussions in here, but I found the comments in the pricing & License is not the same:
Pricing.pnglicense.png

This may lead misunderstanding if someone only check the License page...

Originally Posted by: Razonar Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kenny. As far as I understand, to be able to use it for commercial purposes (and I guess academics too) you only need to register it, and not install it with that account on more than 5 computers, as can be read in the green option in https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/pricing

pricing.jpg

What I do assume is that in each of these installations you need to log in so as not to violate the conditions of your purchase, free but with registration needed.

That is, if you use it without logging in, you can still use it for personal, but not for commercial purposes.

Best regards.
Alvaro.

I think it's not, when we log in the details show private use... Where I work, I had problems because of the license agreement. The IT department demanded that I remove Smath Studio.

For now, the only solution is still using any version before 7822.

thanks 1 user thanked Hildebrando Pereira for this useful post.
on 21/09/2022(UTC)
Offline Razonar  
#43 Posted : 21 September 2022 19:17:20(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)

I think it's not, when we log in the details show private use... Where I work, I had problems because of the license agreement. The IT department demanded that I remove Smath Studio.

For now, the only solution is still using any version before 7822.

Hi Hildebrando. I see, you're right.

Best regards.
Alvaro.
Offline GlennTg  
#44 Posted : 26 July 2023 17:23:33(UTC)
GlennTg

Belgium

Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Hi Andrey!

Do you change your decision in the New version 1.0?

Best regards

Hello.
For non-russian users nothing changed.
Russian license a bit changed to face that program is free for private use only. For others program can be used for free for any purposes, including commercial - as it always was.

Best regards.

Hello Andrey,

Could you please shed some light on this? There is another topic as well on this: https://en.smath.com/for...23565_PDF-watermark.aspx
I experienced as well that I often have to login again to get rid of the watermark. Sometimes, it shows my name in green as if I am logged in and the watermark still persists. In this case, rebooting temporarily fixes the problem.

Is this a bug or do you intend to limit the free use of SMath for commercial purposes outside Russia? I can respect either answer, but some clarity would be helpful to help us make motivated decisions on the use of SMath in the future.

Best regards,