Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline waluyo  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2010 06:04:05(UTC)
waluyo

Groups: Registered
Man
Indonesia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am just suggesting to SMath for enabling a mechanism for translators to update any new strings. It will be faster for the translators if whenever SMath will implement new features with translatable strings, they know that and do updating their translations.

Regards, Waluyo

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2010 07:05:17(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

Absolutely agree with you. I will create a web interface for translators where every user will be able to update translations of the language files. Also, I hope to make some integration of this mechanism with our forum. I mean that when user will enter to the forum, server will define his current language and will check if SMath Studio has some not translated strings and if we have some, then server will automatically include all needed info with delicate request to user to help to the project. I think this will increase the speed of making translations and will provide possibility to get all the translations always actual. At least I hope so.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2010 01:05:47(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Hello.

Glad to introduce a first version of new web-application created in the scope of the SMath Project - SMath Translator. Now anyone can help to the project by translating interface of SMath Studio. Hope it will make it possible to provide translations updates for newer versions of SMath Studio directly in time of its release.

Will be glad to hear if you'll find something not logical or not convenient there.

Thanks in advance. Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Edited by user 26 April 2010 07:04:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 26 April 2010 09:08:00(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Added ability to download actual files of the selected languages for using in SMath Studio. To install it to the program, please, just put downloaded Text_***.lang file to the lang folder of installation directory of SMath Studio (by default it is C:\Program Files\SMath\SMath Studio) and then start the program.

Also, some errors fixed and improvements done.

P.S.: Some additional features (like: creating new languages, correcting existed strings and etc) will be implemented later.

Regards.
Offline cos_phi  
#5 Posted : 26 April 2010 13:31:42(UTC)
cos_phi

I have to say this looks more appealing. When I opened up the default "Text_ENG.txt", well... let's just say I felt nothing Blush
I may give it a try these days, see what comes up. Until then (and after), congratulations for a good job!

Regards,
Vlad.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 26 April 2010 17:56:53(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Vlad, thank you, this will be great if you'll participate here!

For now I want to express my thanks to Claus for Danish translation and Jean-Yves ANDRE for French translation - first persons who have used SMath Translator tool. We have now 587 new translated strings! Great work!

Regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#7 Posted : 26 April 2010 18:28:10(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

By the way, with this web-application we have one more remarkable feature regarding translations. Will try to describe it.

Every language translation for SMath Studio had a built-in attribute - base language. Base language used to fill not translated strings by base language strings. For example, if we're create a French file but we have no translation of "Actions" string, then we'll include English translation of this string (actually it will be "Actions" Good ), because English is a base language for French (only in the scope of SMath Studio of course). And this was not possible to change.

So, people, who knows French (as a native language) and f.e. Indonesian (as a secondary language) can now create such language file for SMath Studio. In that case they should just set Source Language as Indonesian, target language as French and press Save button after the selected French language field.

Note: for now as a source language you can use only language with 100% translation status, but this would be fixed later.

Best regards.
Offline cos_phi  
#8 Posted : 26 April 2010 18:50:27(UTC)
cos_phi

Andrey,

I visited the on-line page but I couldn't see an option for me so, in a boost of energy I decided that the text file will do. Now I have the "Text_ENG.txt" translated as "Text_ROM.txt", 100%, except I still have a few words that I have doubts on, hopefully someone will notice them.
The question, now, is: where to upload the file? Should I send it to support[at]smath[dot]info ?

Regards,
Vlad.

Edited by moderator 26 April 2010 21:39:40(UTC)  | Reason: e-mail is now hidden

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#9 Posted : 26 April 2010 19:15:46(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Ahh, sorry I didn't mention about that... if your language is not exists in the Target Language drop down list, please, post your language name in English and in your language here and I will create a new language into the SMath Translation page.

Unfortunately you cannot manually change *.lang file because SMath Studio will not recognize it after any changes done. So, any language changes should be done via SMath Translator service only.

Updated:
smath wrote:
P.S.: Some additional features (like: creating new languages, correcting existed strings and etc) will be implemented later.

P.P.S.: [ROM] Română language added.

Edited by user 26 April 2010 20:14:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cos_phi  
#10 Posted : 26 April 2010 21:26:26(UTC)
cos_phi

smath wrote:
Ahh, sorry I didn't mention about that... if your language is not exists in the Target Language drop down list, please, post your language name in English and in your language here and I will create a new language into the SMath Translation page.

Unfortunately you cannot manually change *.lang file because SMath Studio will not recognize it after any changes done. So, any language changes should be done via SMath Translator service only.

Updated:
smath wrote:

P.P.S.: [ROM] Română language added.

That... felt like a nice icy-cold shower... Are you saying that I spent all this time to repeat it now? I can foresee dark future ahead, for you Aggressive Just kidding.
The way I see it, now I have two options:

1). I can copy-paste each translation, line by line, in the web-page translator, which shouldn't take too long,
or
2). I can wait until those promising new features arrive.

I'll try the first one but, if I fall asleep, that means I'll only wake up when those nice features arrive Wink If I don't, I'll get a second chance in hunting down the mistakes.

Chilling regards,
Vlad.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#11 Posted : 26 April 2010 21:33:24(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Vlad, please, send the file to me (by e-mail) and I'll try to think up something... possibly, will make a little script.
Offline cos_phi  
#12 Posted : 26 April 2010 23:20:46(UTC)
cos_phi

smath wrote:
Vlad, please, send the file to me (by e-mail) and I'll try to think up something... possibly, will make a little script.

I hope you didn't ignore the line where I said I'm joking :p Now it's too late, I'm already half-way done with the on-line translator. Thank you for the thoughts, though!

Regards,
Vlad Good
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#13 Posted : 27 April 2010 07:34:23(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

cos_phi wrote:
I hope you didn't ignore the line where I said I'm joking :p

Yep, I saw it Good And thanks for your work.

P.S.: Service updated. Fixed issue with no possibility to translate existed empty strings and some other minor improvements done.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#14 Posted : 27 April 2010 17:25:31(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

[SCC] Srpski translation is finished! Thanks to Radovan! Also, thanks for the bugs found - SMath Translator much more stable now.

P.S.: I've found, that translators names are not shown into the About Dialog of SMath Studio - will fix it as soon as possible.
Offline cos_phi  
#15 Posted : 27 April 2010 21:19:02(UTC)
cos_phi

Well, [ROM] it's done, but I have two minor problems (for now):

- I know there are mistakes or maybe it simply needs polishing. Should I wait for the changes you mentioned, or can I just dwnload the .lang file and then mail it back to you?

- I saw a few translation errors and typos in the english file, but I couldn't stop the workflow. Same question as above.

Also, congratulations for all the (wonderful) job done! Smile

Regards,
Vlad.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#16 Posted : 27 April 2010 21:38:52(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Vlad Clap

Great! Thank you! Hope you enjoying using Romanian language translation in SMath Studio now Good

cos_phi wrote:
- I know there are mistakes or maybe it simply needs polishing. Should I wait for the changes you mentioned, or can I just dwnload the .lang file and then mail it back to you?
- I saw a few translation errors and typos in the english file, but I couldn't stop the workflow. Same question as above.

I will create an ability to make corrections nearest days - this is a common problem for now.

Btw: according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language language code of Română is RON but not ROM. Correcting in progress...
UPDATE: corrected.

Edited by user 27 April 2010 21:45:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cos_phi  
#17 Posted : 27 April 2010 22:44:20(UTC)
cos_phi

smath wrote:
Btw: according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language language code of Română is RON but not ROM. Correcting in progress...
UPDATE: corrected.

Shok
You're ahead of me with that... I didn't even know it! So that's why I saw [FRE] for French. I thought that may be a typo. I guess not... Smile

Well then, I'll wait for the future goodies.

Encouraging regards,
Vlad.
Offline cos_phi  
#18 Posted : 28 April 2010 00:22:06(UTC)
cos_phi

There's a minor inconvenience: while menus and help/example files show full characters, interface such as dialogs or tips don't seem to like diacritics: ăîâşţ are displayed as squares.
I've attached a small screenshot:

The missing letter is the same as in "Aritmetică"
Could you download the translation file and try it? If it works, I'll blame linux for that and I'll try to find a workaround.

Regards,
Vlad.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#19 Posted : 28 April 2010 00:44:19(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Sure. Here is what I got:

Windows Vista:

Linux openSuse 11:

Maybe your system miss some fonts?
Regards.
Offline cos_phi  
#20 Posted : 28 April 2010 04:05:25(UTC)
cos_phi

Well, I eneded up running "sudo apt-get install mono-complete" with no luck. Thank you for the trouble, but I think I'll wait for the new release in two days (one, it's already tomorrow Good ); I'll install from scratch.
It's strange, though, If the program uses the same font, why would it render it correctly in one place and not in another? Eh, there will be a solution, somewhere.

Regards,
Vlad.