Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#41 Posted : 30 June 2010 15:23:22(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello!

Small but important change done: forum is able now to request translation of the SMath Studio interface to user with a specific language!

This is how it looks like:

I've tried to create in common forum's design in order to not to distract user from the forum content.

When all the strings will be translated, this message will be automatically hidden. If some new strings will be added, message will appear again.

Regards.
Offline Edwin  
#42 Posted : 07 July 2010 23:23:58(UTC)
Edwin

Groups: Registered

I completed the translation (I may have used a different e-mail since my name appears twice now). I tried it out and noticed that special characters ( like é ) don't show up in the interface. This is especially visible in the units list (also for the english translation). I'm using the mono version on Ubuntu Linux, so it may be specific to that. Maybe the default interface font in mono is missing some characters. Do you know anything about it?
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#43 Posted : 08 July 2010 11:23:05(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Hello, thank you!

Edwin wrote:
I completed the translation (I may have used a different e-mail since my name appears twice now).

I'll fix duplicated name today.
UPDATED 15:40: Corrected.

Edwin wrote:
I tried it out and noticed that special characters ( like é ) don't show up in the interface. This is especially visible in the units list (also for the english translation). I'm using the mono version on Ubuntu Linux, so it may be specific to that. Maybe the default interface font in mono is missing some characters. Do you know anything about it?

This is well known problem on Ubuntu. We have some topics about this here on the forum. Last information I got is this link: http://habrahabr.ru/blogs/net/95792/ (in Russian). There are two solutions:
  1. Copy micross.ttf font from C:\Windows\Fonts to any subfolder in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ - it's if you have a copy of Windows installed (or I can share it here if you want);
  2. http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3373197

Regards.

Edited by user 08 July 2010 14:39:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Edwin  
#44 Posted : 09 July 2010 17:59:12(UTC)
Edwin

smath wrote:
  1. Copy micross.ttf font from C:\Windows\Fonts to any subfolder in /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ - it's if you have a copy of Windows installed (or I can share it here if you want);

That works perfectly. Thanks!
Offline cos_phi  
#45 Posted : 12 July 2010 10:39:14(UTC)
cos_phi

Andrey, would it be possible in the future to add an option in the config to choose a custom font for the interface? Default should be whatever font the compiler chooses, but for users that have problems with it, maybe...? With this it may also be possible to have a better integration with the desktop.
Just a thought, maybe I should have posted this in the wishlist.

Regards,
Vlad.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#46 Posted : 06 September 2010 04:16:12(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

Hello.

cos_phi wrote:
Andrey, would it be possible in the future to add an option in the config to choose a custom font for the interface?

I will think about setting of another fonts for GUI into the Mono version of SMath Studio - this should fix a problem at all.

To all:

As one can mention new beta version of the program released today: http://en.smath.info/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3387#post3387. It has not much new features and even fixed bugs, but it is very important step for the project.

- First of all new plugin appeared: SMath Studio Files Plugin - this is because all the logic of working with *.sm files now moved from the core (File Types Plugins interfaces updated as well and HTML and XMCD file types add-ons improved as well). The only case how one can feel this change is that now after opening a file SMath Studio do not mark the file as changed (i.e. program can be closed immediately after file opened without "Save changes" prompt dialog).

- The second big change is regarding built-in and defined in plugins functions. A huge number of code lines was rewritten to make unification changes. Visible thing is that descriptions of all functions are modified (just open Insert Function dialog or Dynamic Assistance menu to see the changes) and two el(..) functions are now represented in all lists: with 2 and 3 arguments. No more different arguments representations into the functions description will be shown - this is unified now. Naming convention of the function's arguments and delimiters are now corrected.

This (improved functions) is good but it also brings a big problem: some of the functions descriptions doesn't support new arguments naming convention. For example here is old and new descriptions of the diff(..) function with 3 (!) arguments:
0.89: diff('expression','variable'Wink - Differentiate.
0.90: diff("1:expression", "2:variable", "3:number") - Differentiate.

... if(..) function:
0.89: if('condition','true','false'Wink - Returns 'true'-statement if logical 'condition'-statement is true (non-zero), 'false'-statement otherwise.
0.90: if("1:condition", "2:true", "3:false") - Returns "2:true"-statement if logical "1:condition"-statement is true (non-zero), "3:false"-statement otherwise.

... importData(..) function:
0.89: importData('fileName', 'decimalSymbol', 'argumentsSeparator', 'columnsDelimiters', 'fromRow', 'toRow', 'fromColumn', 'toColumn', 'isSymbolic'Wink - Returns a matrix of loaded data from specified file. Function allows to work with 1-9 count of arguments specified. Digit 0 (zero) can be used for the arguments (except 'fileName'Wink to get the built-in default values.
0.90: importData("1:fileName", "2:delimiter", "3:delimiter", "4:delimiter", "5:number", "6:number", "7:number", "8:number", "9:number") - Returns a matrix of loaded data from specified file. Function can be used with 1-9 of the arguments specified. Digit 0 (zero) can be used for the arguments (except 'fileName'Wink to get the built-in default values.

There are obvious problems with importData(..) function description - now it is absolutely impossible to understand meaning of arguments. So such functions descriptions should be modified. Here is how it works in a new version and how it will work in future. Lets see on the roots(..) function description:
0.90: roots("1:vector", "2:vector", "3:vector") - Finds roots for system of nonlinear equations according to specified approaches "3:vector". Returns the value of "2:vector" to make the set of functions "1:vector" equal to zeros.
This description is correctly because a description string in the Translator presented in a correct form:
Finds roots for system of nonlinear equations according to specified approaches {2}. Returns the value of {1} to make the set of functions {0} equal to zeros.
where {0} means a first argument, {1} - second one and {2} - third. Please note that numbers starts from zero! All work to create left part of description and to replace {n} entries is on the SMath Studio now.

For unification and stability reasons most of the argument names are limited with a list:
Code:
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Complex number.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        ComplexNumber = 1 << 0,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Number.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        RealNumber = 1 << 1,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Imaginary number.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        ImaginaryNumber = 1 << 2,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>String.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        String = 1 << 3,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Variable.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Variable = 1 << 4,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Unit.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Unit = 1 << 5,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Function.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Function = 1 << 6,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Expression.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Expression = 1 << 7,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Symbolic expression.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        SymbolicExpression = 1 << 8,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Numeric expression.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        NumericExpression = 1 << 9,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Matrix.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Matrix = 1 << 10,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Vector-row.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        RowVector = 1 << 11,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Vector.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        ColumnVector = 1 << 12,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>File name.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        FileName = 1 << 13,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Condition.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Condition = 1 << 14,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Increment.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Increment = 1 << 15,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Action.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Action = 1 << 16,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Delimiter.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Delimiter = 1 << 17,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Argument.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Default = 1 << 18,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Name.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Name = 1 << 19,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Date.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Date = 1 << 20,
        /// <summary>
        /// <eng>Currency.</eng>
        /// </summary>
        Currency = 1 << 21,

If you think that it is useful to add additional types, please, let me know! Me and other plugin developers can set any other string as a name of the argument but in that case this strings will be presented only in one language and cannot be translated. That's why I will suggest to use only existing types.

If it is possible, I have to ask for help with correcting functions description using Translator service (ids: 465-574) for English and other languages because I can't do it myself.

Next stable release of SMath Studio will be available in the October-November so we have 1-2 Months to make this work for most popular languages. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.

Edited by user 06 September 2010 09:15:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#47 Posted : 06 September 2010 14:29:27(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Andrey,

The "roots" function is very welcome Good . Here is some testing
1. It can be used instead of solve for a single equation
z(x)←x^2+5*x-1
solve(z(a),a)=mat(-5.1925824,0.1925824,2,1)
roots(z(_1),_1,0)=0.1925824
roots(z(_1),_1,-5)=-5.1925824
Attention: roots(z(a),a,0)= is wrong if variable "a" is previously defined. "solve" does not mind about it.

2. Here are some screenshots.

I think "roots: is doing the best as it can gets. I suppose this is a kind of minimization procedure which is getting into a local minimum depending on the guess values.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline omorr  
#48 Posted : 06 September 2010 15:16:23(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Andrey,
smath wrote:
If it is possible, I have to ask for help with correcting functions description using Translator service (ids: 465-574) for English and other languages because I can't do it myself.

What did you mean by that? I've looked ids:465-574 and did not get it,sorry. I would like to help of course but do not know how.

Regards,
Radovan

Edited by user 06 September 2010 15:21:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#49 Posted : 06 September 2010 15:39:03(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Man
Russian Federation

F.e. we have a description:
Code:
importData("1:fileName", "2:delimiter", "3:delimiter", "4:delimiter", "5:number", "6:number", "7:number", "8:number", "9:number") - Returns a matrix of loaded data from specified file. Function can be used with 1-9 of the arguments specified. Digit 0 (zero) can be used for the arguments (except 'fileName') to get the built-in default values.

There are 3 "delimiter" arguments and 5 "number" arguments. When user will see that description first time it will be impossible for him/her to understand meaning of these arguments. And indeed, what "4:delimiter" means? Good question, isn't it? Good What I am asking for - to modify description with {n} marks to make it easy for user to understand it.

For example:
Code:
Returns a matrix of loaded data from specified file {0}. Function can be used with 1-9 of the arguments specified. Digit 0 (zero) can be used for the arguments (except {0}) to get the built-in default values. Function is able to read data with manually specified Decimal Symbol ({1}), Arguments Separator ({2}) and columns delimiters ({3}). To read a specific region of the data file rows an columns ranges can be requested ({4} - start row, {5} - end row, {6} - start column, {7} - end column). To read a data represented symbolically {8} can be set to 1.

SMath Studio will represent it as shown below:
Code:
importData("1:fileName", "2:delimiter", "3:delimiter", "4:delimiter", "5:number", "6:number", "7:number", "8:number", "9:number") - Returns a matrix of loaded data from specified file "1:fileName". Function can be used with 1-9 of the arguments specified. Digit 0 (zero) can be used for the arguments (except "1:fileName") to get the built-in default values. Function is able to read data with manually specified Decimal Symbol ("2:delimiter"), Arguments Separator ("3:delimiter") and columns delimiters ("4:delimiter"). To read a specific region of the data file rows an columns ranges can be requested ("5:number" - start row, "6:number" - end row, "7:number" - start column, "8:number" - end column). To read a data represented symbolically "9:number" can be set to 1.

This description is fully understandable. So I'm asking to help with functions descriptions improving starting from English.

Regards.

Edited by user 06 September 2010 15:54:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified