Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline crun  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2018 10:11:04(UTC)
crun

Groups: Registered

When creating a new matrix, it would be faster, and more natural to type ctrl+m 2,3 <return>
rather than use both row and column fields

For me personally, the default for columns would best be 1, that is what I use more often than anything else.

I also find filling matrices slow and difficult. It would be much easier to comma delimit data in columns, and semi-colon delimit rows. This would make it easy to fill either across or down. When reaching the end of a row/column, it would wrap to the next (regardless of "," or ";" )

The problem with tab is that it is with keys 1,2,3 + tab is it's a left hand cack handed stretch to the tab key that gets capslock every time, for me. - so I have to do it slowly.

Using comma is left-right-left-right and flows smoothly. (This is the same reason that // is my favourite comment character regardless of language - it flows whereas eg. shift+# never does)

Edited by user 05 May 2018 08:23:10(UTC)  | Reason: Added: use comma and ; for data entry as well as creation

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2018 12:06:21(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Currently empty matrix creation is CTRL+M #rows TAB #columns RETURN (6 keystokes like in your suggestion) - BTW ^ is already assigned to the exponentiation operator

Edited by user 04 May 2018 12:11:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 04/05/2018(UTC)
Offline Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2018 20:26:20(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crun Go to Quoted Post
For me personally, the default for columns would best be 1, that is what I use more often than anything else.

... at will, wherever ... ONE keystroke.
Fill manually or address.

MyVector.PNG