Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sinneD  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2011 16:48:36(UTC)
sinneD

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 7 post(s)
andrey & group-

i discovered smath while looking for a mathcad replacement. excellent job! i am a consulting engineer and have begin to use it like a calculation tablet. i have had some success reading in xmcd files, but they need a lot of work to clean up. EDIT: i am not complaining, just stating my experience in translating the files.

a couple of small things i think would contribute greatly to smath's continued sucess-

1.custom units definition- if we can add units to smath's internal database once, that would be most helpful. like maybe a user units file or table?

2. setting the system of units as a global default, or even as a smath template. to set things in like imperial, SI, etc.. also to be able to control the numeical results. i hate to reference mathcad features, but it is nice to be able to override the default display and change a numerical value of 103.3346 or 1.03E3 to just 103

3. the alignment feature for align top and aligh left is great. what about align on the := or = signs, so things like fraction bars and answers aling together.

4. the ability to set the basic text controls- font, size, bold, underline. example- in mathcad i try to use bold arial to title a calculation section, regualar arial to write notes or descriptions, courier to do calculations.

5. it would be nice to be able to 'see' the paper size or print ranges on the grid. i have not figured out the size or spacing on the grid. something like maybe changing the grid line colors at the intervals of the paper size: 8.5, 17, 25.5, ... x 11, 22, 33, ...

i look forward to the continued improvements to smath!

thanks again

dennis
chicago, il

Edited by user 25 March 2011 21:53:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Join the SMath Studio Users Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/PayZpJW

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 26 March 2011 10:20:34(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Dennis,

Welcome to the SMath user group Good
Andrey, the SMath author, is quite busy at the moment but he will continue working on SMath improvement and as soon as he can.
Until then, enjoy using SMath and discovering its capabilities.
Your comments and wishes are metioned here by some other users as well and i believe that Andrey will make all these things as soon as possible.
Btw., regarding your first comment.
sinneD wrote:
1.custom units definition- if we can add units to smath's internal database once, that would be most helpful. like maybe a user units file or table?

Actually, you can make your own file with the custum units. Then make a "snippet" from it, for instance. It will be saved in the dedicated snippet folder. You can insert it via Area into your worksheet when you need the custom units.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"