Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qzmufu  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2011 12:19:31(UTC)
qzmufu

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'd love to have an option to automatically align text and equations and to use style sets for formatting. For text alignment, I'd favour a solution like the text blocks in MathCad Prime that span the whole page. One centered equation per line including numbering would be neat for aligning mathematical items (maybe with an option to group several small definitions on a single line). Regarding the style sets, paragraphs and headings would already suffice for me.

This would be a move away from the MathCad user interface, I know, therefore I would make it optional in order to not upset existing users. Anyway, I think that automatic alignment and formatting using style sets would hugely benefit productivity and also make exporting the stuff to TeX or HTML much easier.

Regards

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline callmeishmael  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2011 16:48:43(UTC)
callmeishmael

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would pay for such option. I still cannot understand why in 15 years MathCAD did not include such features. I do hope that the SMath developer will have time (and resources) to workout on this side as well.