Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sleschke  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2009 16:24:44(UTC)
sleschke

Groups: Registered

Hi,

It seems that you can not change the size, color and background of existing text.
The settings only apply to new text that is typed in.

If I select existing text and change the settings nothing will happen.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2009 17:12:36(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Thanks, this is actual only for Handheld version. Will be fixed ASAP.
Offline apluscw  
#3 Posted : 09 March 2010 00:38:14(UTC)
apluscw

The same behavior is observable with the latest PC version. This is such a promising program, but not being able to change text is a pretty big weakness. I hope it is an easy fix. Good

I find SMath much easier to use than MathCad. While I really like MathCad, I hadn't used it for awhile and found it hard to get back into recently. With SMath, I was up and running in no time at all.
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 09 March 2010 01:19:28(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
apluscw wrote:
The same behavior is observable with the latest PC version.

Can't reproduce it. After text area is created you need just select this text area (not the text inside) and then change preferred size and/or colors.

apluscw wrote:
I find SMath much easier to use than MathCad. While I really like MathCad, I hadn't used it for awhile and found it hard to get back into recently. With SMath, I was up and running in no time at all.

Thank you. Glad you enjoy it!

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline apluscw  
#5 Posted : 09 March 2010 03:12:26(UTC)
apluscw

OK. What threw me is I had expected to be able to highlight the text in text edit mode and change the highlighted text. Normally, in most Windows apps, you can do that. If I highlight the text like I am going to move it, I can change the settings of the entire block of text.

Some additional feedback:
1. If you could change the text when highlighted it would be easier on folks like me that are used to editing text that way, plus it would allow mixed formatting within a text box. (Perhaps that is technically difficult to do?)
2. Having access to the conventional underline, italics and bold font options would be very appealing. I went back to highlight my text the way I had intended to and found the lack of those options very limiting.