Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gerd-Wilhelm  
#1 Posted : 07 November 2015 19:49:59(UTC)
Gerd-Wilhelm

Groups: Registered
Germany

Hello,

my SMath (Version 0.97) will not work correct with pictures.

When I insert a picture, I can move and change the size. But when I doubleclick into the picture, no program will start to change the picture.
After I recize the picture small and then big, the picture will lose many things, the place there remains blank.

I use Windows 8.1, but testet the same with Windows 7, the same bugs.

Then I try to insert a picture with CTRL + T, that opens only a box, with no visible program. I can sketch with the mouse inside that box, but no more.

Who can help ? Must I install any plugin ?

Thanks for any tip, Gerd-Wilhelm

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Jean Giraud  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2015 09:03:30(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
If you paste an image in an image processing software like
PhotoShop, you will surely do a lot and surely scrap a lot unless you have good
understanding about image processing. If you have pasted an image in Smath there
is nothing else you can do, you can't even copy and paste elsewhere. You must
recapture screen [Windows or else] and rework in Paint.

Once you have pasted your greatest image treasury in Smath, your image is visible
but dead, dead because it is now a Microsoft Metafile object, absolutely not processable.
If you stretch horizontal [or vertical] by a very small amount, few pixels, the Metafile
system will duplicate at random some rows and some cols as per your mouse action. This
process has nothing to do with zoomimg and this process is not reversible, i.e: so many
pixels you have first added at random, so many you would want to remove, will be removed
at random again .

Zooming an image is only an up process a ½ page Fourier stuff. Zooming down is generally
a half downsample that can be zoomed up again. Color or BW is same in triple mode.
An *.bmp [typical undestroyed] supports easily zoomm 2 [double size]. For higher zoom,
the process is via spline interpolation. The Fourier zoom is not an interpolation process,
it is a reconstruction process absolutely unique to Fourier . Wavelets is a different
system with pros and cons.

Cheers, Jean

thanks 1 user thanked Jean Giraud for this useful post.
on 08/11/2015(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 09 November 2015 12:51:50(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1128 time(s) in 724 post(s)
You can use the image region (Insert> Image).

You can place a text string in the placeholder, this is interpreted as filename (png or svg). Use CurrentDirectory(DocumentDirectory(""Wink)=1
if you want to use relative file names for portability.

You can place a matrix in the placeholder, this is interpreted as grey values.

You can double click the region to launch your system application for opening png files with a new empty temporary file. Do your artwork and save the file when quitting the application. You can later revisit the file for editing, and you can zoom the region in a nondestructive way. You might need to recalculate the sheet to make changes visible (also when opening a document with such images, you might need to press F9 before they actually appear)

The images are embedded in the .sm file, thus the .sm documents are portable. This also works under Linux (tested with Ubuntu/Mint).
imageregion5.PNG

The context menu offers the choice to hide the placeholder, to remove the boundary or to reset the image to original size.

The maxima Draw2D() and Draw3D() functions create temporary png files and return these file names, thus you can put such Draw expressions directly into the placeholder. Plugin Image Region.sm (82kb) downloaded 24 time(s)..

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 2 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 09/11/2015(UTC),  on 09/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Jean Giraud  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2015 08:34:04(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
I read you Martin, very intereting.

Pluging an image in Smath from foreign file or from web capture is interesting for the view
but hey are are dead objects . Smath has no capability to extract the graylevel or the RGB
and as such are useless except for the view. Attached is the Mathcad Fourier zoom, completely
stand alone in Mathcad work sheet because it converts the image in its matrix values.

Tip for users interested to plug image from the web:
1. Print screen
2. Paste in Paint, select the portion of interest
3. Paste in Smath [the Paint portion is bmp compatible with Smath].

This type 'bmp' is not economic in size
Instead, I use an old freeware "WinGrab" that can reduce to 256 graylevel or RGB.
IrfanView is often satisfactory too.

Maxima 2D, 3D don't work in Smath as they were not integrated. Image Zoom primer.sm (1,041kb) downloaded 36 time(s).