Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline prop_design  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2015 21:26:56(UTC)
prop_design

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

hi,

i want to annotate pictures by placing math over them. in smath i can move the equations over the pictures but if you want to adjust the position of the equation, or edit the equation, you can't. this is because when you try to select the math the picture is always selected instead. is there a way to lock the picture so that it is no longer selectable? i just want the picture to sit in the background. then move around math on top of it. this is for the purposes of creating documentation.

thanks for your help,

anthony

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 02 October 2015 12:27:06(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Hi anthony,

There's not way to put a region in the background;

1) To move the math: select both the math region and the picture and the use CTRL + Mouse-Click or CTRL + Mouse-Select on the picture to deselect it.
2) To edit the math object the only way is to temporary move away the picture.

Alternatively it is possible to create a background for the page; you have to make a white image with the same size of your page, place your picture in the correct position and then set the image as page background (Insert > Background > Current Page + Background image).

Edited by user 02 October 2015 14:09:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
2015-10-02 11_18_04-.png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline prop_design  
#3 Posted : 02 October 2015 18:12:04(UTC)
prop_design

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Originally Posted by: w3b5urf3r_reloaded Go to Quoted Post
Hi anthony,

There's not way to put a region in the background;

1) To move the math: select both the math region and the picture and the use CTRL + Mouse-Click or CTRL + Mouse-Select on the picture to deselect it.
2) To edit the math object the only way is to temporary move away the picture.

Alternatively it is possible to create a background for the page; you have to make a white image with the same size of your page, place your picture in the correct position and then set the image as page background (Insert > Background > Current Page + Background image).

Thanks Davide