Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline btowler  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2015 01:46:38(UTC)
btowler

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all - Apologies that this isn't under the Extensions forum, but that forum appears to be for developers and this is a very ignorant noobie question:

I want to install a single custom plugin. I'm working a network machine, on which I don't have admin privileges, so installing TortoiseSVN (or any new software) is not an option. Is there a simple workaround for installing Plugins? For example, can I simply copy the dll (and other files?), drop them in a folder on my computer, then reference them from the Extensions Manager?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2015 13:24:12(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1330 time(s) in 876 post(s)
If SMath is installed in your system, you should be able to install any extension even without system permissions.

Go to "Tools" > "Plugins..." > "Online Gallery" and download the plugins you need. They will be installed in the %APPDATA% folder (C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\SMath Studio in windows 7).

If you have big permissions issues it is possible to use a portable version (here one)
Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
2015-04-02 12_09_57-SMath Studio Desktop - [Page1].png
2015-04-02 12_10_38-SMath Studio Desktop - [Page1].png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline btowler  
#3 Posted : 04 April 2015 04:50:58(UTC)
btowler

Groups: Registered
United States

Thank you Davide!