Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sorlum  
#1 Posted : 25 March 2010 19:03:01(UTC)
sorlum

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have started working with smath 0_87_3728 windows version and when trying to verify with Mathcad - notice that I can no longer save to xcmd format. This is only applicable to this beta version and not the .87 version. Even a file with the single assignment a:=1 does not work.

Otherwise - I would like to express my congratulations on the work you put into this project. Once you have introduced literal subscripts (and perhaps more text style possiblities - bold, different fonts etc.)- this program will do all of the most important tasks require for documenting calculations.

Again - good work!

Edited by user 26 March 2010 13:56:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline BoukenKage  
#2 Posted : 08 April 2010 20:35:23(UTC)
BoukenKage

Groups: Registered
Man

I want to add to this, if I may.

I've tried both v0.87 stable and v0.87 beta and run into a couple issues while trying to work in conjunction with MathCAD.

1) I agree with the poster above as the beta has issues with saving as .xmcd files.

2) Is there a certain version syntax that the stable version saves as? The reason I ask is because I can open that .xmcd file in SMath Studio, but when I try to open it in our version of MathCAD 13 (the latest one we have) it gives me an error message about being created in a newer version of MathCAD.

I would love to have compatibility with MathCAD and your program in the future but it seems to have hit a snag. Though I see while going back a few pages and finding this post that it wouldn't be fully possible.

Would it be possible to export simple files back and forth though?

~tWS