Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Sergio Marques  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2024 06:24:21(UTC)
Sergio Marques

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Hello

I'm trying to create an S-N diagram (Stress – Number of cycles) using a logarithmic scale in SMATH STUDIO. I'm using the ZedGraph plugin to generate the diagram, but the result on the graph is different from what I expected. The inclined line should end at the coordinate of 69.9 (y) and 10^6 (x), but it's always ending at 69.9 (y) and 10^7 (x). I've solved this same problem in MathCAD, and the result is correct, but in SMATH STUDIO, this discrepancy occurs. Could someone help me identify where the problem causing this discrepancy is?

Capitulo 06 - Exemplo 06.01 - Determinacao de diagramas S N estimados para materiais ferrosos.sm (109kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline PompelmoTell  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2024 08:54:54(UTC)
PompelmoTell

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Simply increase the number of points of the graph resolution (for example from 100 to 1000).
I also don't like that you defined "N" as a vector and then used "N" as a variable; I deactivated it because it's not needed anyway

sergio
Offline Sergio Marques  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2024 10:19:25(UTC)
Sergio Marques

Brazil

I'm really grateful for your help. Thanks a lot!

Sono davvero grato per il tuo aiuto. Grazie mille!

Offline oscampo  
#4 Posted : 11 April 2024 10:24:38(UTC)
oscampo

Man
Colombia

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sergio Marques Go to Quoted Post
Hello

I'm trying to create an S-N diagram (Stress – Number of cycles) using a logarithmic scale in SMATH STUDIO. I'm using the ZedGraph plugin to generate the diagram, but the result on the graph is different from what I expected. The inclined line should end at the coordinate of 69.9 (y) and 10^6 (x), but it's always ending at 69.9 (y) and 10^7 (x). I've solved this same problem in MathCAD, and the result is correct, but in SMATH STUDIO, this discrepancy occurs. Could someone help me identify where the problem causing this discrepancy is?

Capitulo 06 - Exemplo 06.01 - Determinacao de diagramas S N estimados para materiais ferrosos.sm (109kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Here is your file solved by the method I use. I simplify the graphing process by using connected points and find the number of cicles by the function FidRoot().
(I also included a Fatigue Utilities snippet in the top of the file, please take a look)

Determinacao de diagramas S N estimados para materiais ferrosos OTHER WAY.sm (625kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

thanks 1 user thanked oscampo for this useful post.
on 11/04/2024(UTC)