Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lmariam  
#1 Posted : 13 March 2022 20:20:40(UTC)
lmariam

Groups: Registered
United States

Suddenly, yesterday afternoon (3/12/22) Smath stopped running. If you launch the program, the logon logo is displayed then nothing. It doesn't show up as a running program. Running TaskManager then launching SMath, I can see SMath pop up in the list of processes then in the status column there is briefly displayed "suspended" then the process disappears from the list. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but no joy. Can others run the program? Could it be restricted because of Russia's war on Ukraine? I've turned off Norton and MalwareBytes but that didn't help?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline lmariam  
#2 Posted : 13 March 2022 21:52:02(UTC)
lmariam

Groups: Registered
United States

Solved the problem. Apparently, a file was corrupted in the SMath folder. Uninstalling the program did not remove all of the files. Using the Event viewer, I determined that the core program Solver was faulting. After checking the Windows system files which didn't help. I uninstalled Smath then blew away the entire SMath program folder to delete the handful of files not removed and reinstalled the program to solve the problem.

Faulting application name: Solver.exe, version: 0.99.7921.69, time stamp: 0x6137fdfc
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1566, time stamp: 0x0833f2d4
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x3c58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8370968d27546
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SMath Studio\Solver.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: bbbd2e12-cdfa-4c1e-9bf6-d508fe13c12a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: