Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rob  
#1 Posted : 01 November 2013 00:31:17(UTC)
Rob

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi Smath Team,

I would like to change value of variable after I change an equation. However, new equation uses value of variable at time of equation definition. I saw discussions on this topic however, they did not help my situation. Please see attachment.

Rob
File Attachment(s):
undefine variable.sm (11kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2013 01:14:40(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1128 time(s) in 724 post(s)
You need to switch the definitions to "optimization numeric" in the context menu (right mouse button). You can see what definition you actually create by hovering with the mouse over the math region containing the definition, or in the dynamic assistant (if you type the symbol).

PS: Optimization "symbolic" immediately evaluates the rhs of the definition, while "numeric" assigns the definition verbatim, thus delaying the evaluation to the actual use of the symbol for displaying results. I find this slightly odd but there is only one guy to change or explain that...

Edited by user 01 November 2013 01:21:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Davide Carpi  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2013 02:53:29(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1340 time(s) in 879 post(s)
Moreover, using the symbolic evaluation, you cand reach the target defining the parametric variable before the parameters
Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
2013-11-01 00_50_21-SMath Studio Desktop - [undefine%20variable-1.sm_].png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline Rob  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2013 15:24:25(UTC)
Rob

Canada

Thank you both mkraska and w3b5urf3r_reloaded.

I have used w3b5urf3r_reloaded's solution before, but did not think of it this time because I wanted a different flow to the work.

I did not even know about right clicking an equation as mkraska suggested, so that will help me also.

Rob