Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mkraska  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2013 15:36:13(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1126 time(s) in 723 post(s)
I never saw this type of behaviour. Do you use the official or the inofficial distribution 0f 4909? The inofficial distribution is found here.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 09/08/2013(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 09 August 2013 15:37:30(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1332 time(s) in 876 post(s)
Have you tried to clear the "%APPDATA%/smath/extensions" folder? (to avoid further issues, copy the content in another place to easily restore it)

Edited by user 09 August 2013 15:42:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 09/08/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 09 August 2013 23:35:02(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
[b] I used an older version of your unofficial edition (that of 25/07/2013).
Loading the last edition (03/0//2013), the crash was no more reproducing. Thanks.

The attachment shows the diff between the two versions (handbook changes omitted, they hardly can be blamed for any change in program behaviour). Perhaps Davides hyperlink dll has healing effects...
mkraska attached the following image(s):
diff.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2013 01:49:10(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Originally Posted by: ioan92 Go to Quoted Post
Are they - the plugins - kept in another place then the user - appl data - roaming directory ?
BTW, I already asked the possibility to disable definitive a plugin because as it is now, by reloading the program all plugins are kept enabled, no importing a previous demand of disabling.

Please find attached the plugin index from the handbook. It contains links to the installation directory of each plugin. The links are computed based on the Settingsdirectory function, thus they work for the windows installer version and for the portable version.

Definitive disabling can be done by removing the corresponding directory. Thanks to the index it is easy to find the correct one. Perhaps a name mod would do as well.

EDIT: plugin index updated (2 typos in link targets corrected)

Edited by user 10 August 2013 13:37:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Plugin index.sm (25kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Martin Kraska

thanks 3 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 10/08/2013(UTC),  on 10/08/2013(UTC),  on 10/08/2013(UTC)
Offline mkraska  
#5 Posted : 10 August 2013 14:01:13(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

The Plugin Index page required the plugins CustomFunctions and HyperlinkRegion by Davide Carpi. Both are contained in the recent inofficial version. The attached handbook page on region types makes heavy use of plugins. Although it also requires the MapleWrapper Plugin (which is not part of the inofficial version), the file loads silently here. That might again be a bug, because I perhaps should be offered to install the plugin or go ahead without installation.

It is hard to tell what is feature and what is bug. Perhaps Andrey can comment on the design intent as to what is expected to happen, if a file requires a missing plugin.

I would expect the following:
- If a plugin is required but missing, I get a dialog with the choices [Install] [Cancel loading] [load without installing].
- Regions from missing plugins should be displayed as empty frames, eventually with a message indicating their type and the required plugin. Currently, these regions simply disappear.
- If a file with missing plugins is saved, then the original information should be restored, except for changes in placeholder contents and region size and position (to be handled by the generic custom region interface)
- If the region information cannot be saved to the file, then I expect a warning that all regions of type xxx get lost and I am offered the choices [overwrite] [save as] [cancel]
File Attachment(s):
Section operation regions.sm (243kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
Martin Kraska

thanks 2 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 10/08/2013(UTC),  on 10/08/2013(UTC)