Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RegCurry  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2019 12:03:36(UTC)
RegCurry

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Sorry to keep asking these syntax questions, but I can't seem to import csv data into an Smath worksheet.:'(

See attached image.

SMATH INPUT DATA ATTEMPT.JPG

Thanks for your continued help.
Reg Curry

Edited by moderator 26 February 2019 13:00:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2019 13:06:11(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1340 time(s) in 879 post(s)
Hello Regulation,

this screenshots alone can't say much about the problem; the error message, the content of HEMP_FIELD, the content of the data file are all unknown to us. Usually the best way to have fast help is to attach the involved files, better if simplified as mush as it is in your possibilities, as well as the screenshot.

Back to the main question, you can check if my recent answer here might help you.

P.S. please don't write "all caps" titles, thank you Good

Edited by user 26 February 2019 13:19:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline RegCurry  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2019 13:25:39(UTC)
RegCurry

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Thanks Davide,

Here is an update with the actual .sm file and the actual .txt file which DOES INDEED work. I left out the quotes; however, the .csv file still does not work even with quotes in importData(1). Perhaps Smath does not like comma delimited data??????

TEST OF importData(1).sm (4kb) downloaded 23 time(s). HEMP_FIELD2.txt (2kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

This forum will not allow me to attach .csv files.:'(

I would like to have the simplest import function without having to specify paths and sheet number. I notice when I copy a path from Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, it will not paste into Smath locations. That means a lot of unnecessary typing. Perhaps this could be corrected in future releases.

Thanks again,
Reg Curry
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2019 13:44:34(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1340 time(s) in 879 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Regulation Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps Smath does not like comma delimited data??????

As I've stated in the linked post, importData is a generic purpose import utility. If you use the 1-argument version, only files with period as decimal separator and tabulation/whitespace as columns separators are imported correctly. To read CSV you have to use the 9-arguments function and specify comma as column delimiter.

This forum will not allow me to attach .csv files.:'(

Zip whatever is not allowed to be attached directly (zip, rar, 7z, ...), so we'll check it.

I would like to have the simplest import function without having to specify paths and sheet number.

I might introduce an importData.CSV in CustomFunctions; it wasn't introduced in first instance because there already was the built-in importData(9)

I notice when I copy a path from Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, it will not paste into Smath locations.

I usually prefer relative locations (relative to the worksheet). About absolute paths, I can copy-paste paths in math strings without troubles (create one with double quotes in a math placeholder, then paste the path), let me know if and how you experience issues.

Edited by user 26 February 2019 13:51:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects