Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline garbelygoo  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2012 23:42:01(UTC)
garbelygoo

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
I was wondering if it were possible to write variables without having to drag them over separately which is what I'm doing. I make an English text field and leave a big space open for the variable with the subscript to go (this is because the subscript operation is the same as the period in a sentence). Unfortunately these things don't align very well on the same line, so I waste time being careful about it.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2012 02:40:12(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1128 time(s) in 724 post(s)
Hi,

what you do is currently the only way for citing math expressions in text fields. Some of the math stuff works in text fields (greek letters, logical operators), most, however, does not.

The text capabilities are just good for small comments. Report writing is painful, as you just have visual markup. Thus for heavy doc work (e.g. textbooks) better use full featured text processor and insert links to smath sheets where you want to go live. I do this with pdflatex, where the pdf result contains links to sm files. Most pdf viewers, however, inhibit calling progs from files. The only co-operative one I found so far is the pdf viewer in texworks.

Best regards, Martin Kraska
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx