Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline frapuano  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2018 20:28:05(UTC)
frapuano

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Davide

apologize for the simplicistic request but I am using a lot the Writer Region Plugin and from a user point of view is a little bit frustrating that in the region they work fine ( as foreseen) the left/right arrows ...but not the up/down arrow whose usage move the cursor at the beginning of the document. Is there any possibility to modify in the future such a behaviour and make it more confortable from a end user point of view?

Thanks in advance for your help and for all your good work .

Franco

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2018 21:52:37(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frapuano Go to Quoted Post
Is there any possibility to modify in the future such a behaviour and make it more confortable from a end user point of view?

I'll see what I can do but currently up/down arrows are reserved for regions navigation in the worksheet. Allowing the single regions to change the behavior makes the SMath feature almost useless; not allowing it causes some confusion in text/writer regions usage. Either way not good, hence any solution requires a third path.

Edited by user 06 November 2018 13:07:59(UTC)  | Reason: title edited

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 04/11/2018(UTC)
Offline frapuano  
#3 Posted : 04 November 2018 15:02:51(UTC)
frapuano

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Davide,

always my 2 cents of thoughts ... is it not possible to trap the Up/Down Arrow event in a specific way when the cursor is inside the Writer Region and leave it managed by Smath when the focus is outside that Region ?
OK this is easy to write but probably it is very difficult to finalize from a practical stand point even because I imagine that you handle always all the events linked to the use of the various shortcut and key sequences that are allowed in the Writer region in same way and if it was not possible till now to do as I would like there should be a strong reason.

Best regards

Franco
Offline Jean Giraud  
#4 Posted : 04 November 2018 18:50:08(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 981 time(s) in 809 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frapuano Go to Quoted Post
always my 2 cents of thoughts ...
is it not possible to trap the Up/Down Arrow event in a specific way when the cursor is
inside the Writer Region and leave it managed by Smath when the focus is outside that Region ?

Indirectly, that was done in Mathcad 11 from special access.
"special access" is what I called "access from crippled".
In fact, what you are asking for has no interest as most
often the up/down arrow pad is used to move selected regions.
Sorry Collab for my ½ cent !