Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ElSid  
#1 Posted : 14 September 2012 00:47:19(UTC)
ElSid

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Andrey,
I was cleaning software out of my machines (Windows 7 32 & 64 bit) and noticed that I had 3 installs of SMath. I uninstalled them all and re-installed the latest version. As a suggestion to fix the issue, keep the install name as SMath, NOT Smath 0.9.xxx. This should overwrite the other installers and keep just one version registered in control panel.

Thanks for a wonderfull product. Curious if youve contributed to CompPad or iMath? They are trying to integrate a MathCAD style interface to OpenOffice/LibreOffice "Writer". Their products currently are no where near as robust as yours, but it's a novel approach to how everyone "complains" about writting reports and having fonts ... etc.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2012 01:37:14(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1335 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ElSid Go to Quoted Post
Andrey,
I was cleaning software out of my machines (Windows 7 32 & 64 bit) and noticed that I had 3 installs of SMath. I uninstalled them all and re-installed the latest version. As a suggestion to fix the issue, keep the install name as SMath, NOT Smath 0.9.xxx. This should overwrite the other installers and keep just one version registered in control panel.

Hi ElSid,

I had noticed this on my PCs, but it seems that from version 95 onwards, with the new installer, will not happen again (just uninstall the old and now any new one replaces the old one).

regards,

w3b5urf3r
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline kilele  
#3 Posted : 14 September 2012 01:51:14(UTC)
kilele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
I think different versions are installed on their own folder within the same folder "SMath", I have two versions: the most recent and the last one supporting windows mobile. I try to be careful when opening scripts in order to be able of using them on my phone, so I'd like that different SMath versions were registered, in the association file menu "open with", showing their number clearly (they all show the same name currently)