Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheWizEd  
#1 Posted : 01 September 2012 16:08:12(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I was experimenting with Units.xml. I changed the default length unit to feet and adjusted the conversion factors accordingly. It seems to work. Some unit entries have base="true" to make them the base unit. When I got to volume the base was L (liter). Now each entry has a description="xxx" where xxx is a number from 293 to 541 with some gaps. I was wondering what the descriptor means. Can I add descriptors beyond 541 or even in the gaps. I was going to make ft^3 the base volume which would mean I would have to add new unit descriptor and push liter down the list. I'm hoping this would improve the US/Imperial units conversion.

Ed
thanks 1 user thanked TheWizEd for this useful post.
on 02/01/2013(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline TheWizEd  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2012 05:37:48(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I've been playing with a Units.xml file for US/Imperial units and discovered that sometimes Imperial (UK) units are slightly different. So let call this US Standard units.

I've translated Units.xml with default lb and ft. Although I'm uncertain how to translate some especially electrial units and some of the atomic mass units. If someone can help please let me know.

Below are two seperate runs one using the SI units file and one using the US units. It seems Andrey has done a good programming job since I can swap these at will.

US Units

SI Units

Ed