Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gmintenko  
#1 Posted : 16 January 2012 11:13:36(UTC)
gmintenko

Groups: Registered

This is amazing software and the recent changes to the plot object are great. For me, it could replace my other calculation tools if it could provide more advanced plotting functionality. I would consider purchasing/donating if these feature requests were implemented.

As some of the other members have also expressed in the New Feature Request and Graph (2D and 3D) max values for X and Y axis postings, it would be very useful to have more advanced controls for the 2d plot like those illustrated in the the following image (screen capture from mathcad) and summarized below.

Summary of requested features....

1. Variables / Numeric Inputs to precisely control of the plot limits
(I imagine that if the plot was controlled this way, it would also avoid/reduce the issues with slow redrawing of the graph when lots of data is used and the plot is resized manually, as is mentioned at the bottom of the New Feature Request posting #2).

2. Ability to show any label for the axes (i.e. not just x and y). For example, the image above uses t and the the plotted function names.

3. Titles for the plot and both axes.

4. Some sort of legend to make it clear which plot line/data is for which plot.

5. It would also be nice to have some formatting control over the plot lines but (i.e. color and line font), and control over the number formats on the axis tick marks... but these would be of secondary importance for me.

As stated above, the recent changes to the plot feature are great. However, with the new features suggested here, smath could become my primary calculation tool and which would make it much more worth while for me to pay money for.

Edited by user 17 January 2012 13:18:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline kilele  
#2 Posted : 16 January 2012 16:07:15(UTC)
kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
gmintenko wrote:
For me, it could it would be very useful to have more advanced controls for the 2d plot like those illustrated in the the following image (screen capture from mathcad) and summarized below.

Your image is NOT visible. I've noticed it's linked to gdocs. I recommend that you upload it to some image hosting service like postimage.org

As for some of your plotting requests, I made a screenshot with common expresions to plot in mathcad. I think they are not compatible with SMath. Maybe Andrey should consider to implement them in future versions. Please look at
http://en.smath.info/for...osts&m=5213#post5213

Edited by user 16 January 2012 16:21:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2012 09:26:47(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

If you take a look at the recent v0.90 you will notice that the plot icons have been removed from the palette and there were also Plot Region plugin in the plugin list. I do not know Andrey's plans regarding SMath plot capabilities but suppose that sooner or later - among other things - the SMath plot capabilities will be extended Good

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline gmintenko  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2012 13:32:58(UTC)
gmintenko

kilele wrote:
Your image is NOT visible. I've noticed it's linked to gdocs. I recommend that you upload it to some image hosting service like postimage.org

I fixed the link to the image in my previous post, sorry about that. Thanks for the help.