Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline fredwoods  
#1 Posted : 23 December 2010 00:08:23(UTC)
fredwoods

Groups: Registered

Hello
i have some mathcad's file, but i can't open it by smath.
Can you help me ?

thank you , Federico

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 23 December 2010 11:17:37(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

Please describe problem in details. What are you doing to open MathCAD files?

SMath Studio supports only *.xmcd MathCAD files (*.mcd do not supported). You can open such files via File>Open dialog or using drag'n'drop functionality.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.
Offline fredwoods  
#3 Posted : 23 December 2010 13:04:40(UTC)
fredwoods

Io ho mfile .mct realizzati con Mathcad 2000, come posso convertirli in .xmcd per aprirli con smath ?
Puoi segnalarmi un software che possa convertire questi file?

I have file .mct created by mathcad 2000, how can I convert .xmcd to open them with smath?
can you report a method or a free software

grazie, Federico
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 23 December 2010 18:12:07(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Not sure what free tool you can use to convert your *.mcd files to *.xmcd. As I know it is possible only with the latest MathCAD versions (>11 ver.). If there are not too much files, I can help with this - just mail them to me.

Regards.
Offline sinclair  
#5 Posted : 02 January 2011 14:28:57(UTC)
sinclair

I have the same task;
having available a lot of MATHCAD 6, 7, MATHCAD 2000 files, and liking to import them in SMath Studio.
I checked so far this situation and I found, that in recent times, when MATHCAD was distributed by MathSoft, a link out of Mathematica pointed to:

Sollten Sie eine alte Datei haben, aber keine alte Version von MathCAD zur Hand haben, kann unter Umständen folgender Konverter helfen:
Konversion von *.mcd nach *.xmcd:
http://support.mathsoft....ticle.asp?p=6&a=1623

So, obviously a free? converter was available from MathSoft, to convert from mcd to xmcd. Unfortunable this link vanished, and actually the new company distributing MathCad14 seems not to offer this old link witin their support pages ?

Does anyone here stored ealier this converter software, to offer it ?, I assume it was public domain at those times.

Further I recognized, that this actual link
http://www.ptc.com/appse...118894&icg_dbkey=826
addresses exactly our problem, but it refers to the operation of a recent MathCad Version to do the conversion job.
Can anyone with a working log-in into PTC's support pages inspect, if the old link from MathSoft is actually offered also by PTC ? Or can ask PTC's support system, if they may offer the old MathSoft link in their freely accessible support area ?

Does anyone know more on this topic or can help with the older converter ?

Edited by user 02 January 2011 15:06:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline John at the Waterfalls  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2011 16:56:38(UTC)
John at the Waterfalls

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In my version of MC 15, I have the option to open an *mcd file directly from the open command.

Since I have the student version, PTC does not offer any support. My one email sent to them was answered with a bunch of useless links and an attempt to sell me a support contract. Censored

If someone will email me an *.mcd file, I will have a go at converting it for you and then report back to the group. Can I actually receive file attachments through the forum email system? If not I will set up a dedicated email address for this.
Offline PaoloM  
#7 Posted : 11 January 2011 17:31:49(UTC)
PaoloM

I have the same problem in opening MathCad (.mcd) files.
Has someone solved this problem?
Offline claude52  
#8 Posted : 01 March 2013 13:12:52(UTC)
claude52

Man
Italy

Today , first March 2013 , I signed up on this forum .
I would like understand smath and his possibilities and am searchin possibly italian members near 15033 Casale Monferrato (AL)to speed up the learning of the basic concepts .
Particullary Senior Member w3b5urf3r where do you live ?
I hope someone can still contact me
I come with the experience of Mathcad, starting with version 7 and continued up to version 14 (version 15 I have it but I've never installed).
If anyone needs of conversion to oldfile.mcd to newfile.xmcd I can do with my version of Mathcad 14 installed .
I do however present, from experience, that a written sheet with Mathcad 7-8 ( for example ) and opened with Mathcad 14 there may be problems .
I had some trouble shooting with Mathcad 14 files written with some Mathcad2000 .
I repeat, are problems that occur simply opening files ... the program turns red, somewhere, and it does not work.
Then you have to go with holy patience to find out which function (or something else) that does not work well with the latest version.
If, however, opening an old file.mcd, there are no problems then, in my opinion, it's worth trying to save it in the format newfile.xmcd and 99% should work.
Engineer Claudio Cattaneo
mail = cceng@tiscali.it