Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline farlanw  
#1 Posted : 26 December 2012 13:19:22(UTC)
farlanw

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am getting some really strange behavior in the attached snapshot of the partial output from a worksheet. When I check the value of the Sig.r matrix variable within a certain area, it produces a non-zero result. However, if I then move this variable elsewhere, I get a zero result - what is going on here? If I simulate the part of the file that is giving me problems ( attached "page3.sm" file, the problem doesn't exist. Is this problem all brought about because the problem file may have overlapping regions?

Again,

Thanks for any assistance you can offer with this.

FarlanClap

Found the answer: - I had inadvertently re-defined the offending matrix to zero in an area off the right hand side of the screen - I discovered this when in zoomed out the display and turned off the graphic panel on the right-hand side of the screen. It was an interesting lesson for me to learn that hopefully will be useful for others.

Thanks again Radovan!!Great job!!

Edited by user 26 December 2012 17:11:35(UTC)  | Reason: Solved!

File Attachment(s):
Page3.sm (10kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
farlanw attached the following image(s):
Smath_1.JPG

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 26 December 2012 15:39:50(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Farlan,

Not quite sure what is going on here, but just in case try to see if there is a region like this one in your problematic file

el(Sig.r,no_red,no_red):0

Giving the value to the matrix element on the lower-right corner only (say zero), then all elements of that matrix will be zero

Sig.r=mat(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,3)

By moving this region you might get zero values or non-zero values depending where the region was placed.

I might be wrong about all of this. In that case, please be more specific what is actually happening in your case.

Regards,
radovan

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"