Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ing.sosa  
#1 Posted : 03 May 2011 04:43:50(UTC)
ing.sosa

Groups: Registered

Hi,

For educational purposes i've created a function to fix any number to a given precision, not in decimals (as round function) but in digits. You can see my work in this file:

SM File (0.89.8)

The question is... why is this function taking so much time to work when used inside a program block, like the matrix product in the file? I've also created a plugin with the same function dg() and the time required was not reduced.

Of course i tried numerical and symbolic evaluation, but didn't see major changes in the time. Can anyone help me with this?

UPDATE: later tests... i've found that the problem is no in the dg() file created by me, because just the matrix product is taking a lot of time compared with the smath included matrix product. The problem is that i cant use my function to fix numbers inside the standard matrix product, so i need the additional pro_mx function

Edited by user 03 May 2011 05:08:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline TheWizEd  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2011 05:54:54(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
ing.sosa,

Try this. Select all and change Optimization from Symbolic to Numeric.

I'm not sure what Symbolic Optimization is used for but it many cases that I've observed it causes problems in the calculations. I wish Numeric Optimization was the default.
Ed