Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheWizEd  
#1 Posted : 24 December 2010 15:46:18(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm having problems with the following.

I get the SMath error message in function GetShape "Argument must be a string".

And "GetShape(#) - function is not defined". Any suggestions?

The Excel file has the first column filled with the AISC beam names. The list is terminated by the word END in the cell.

By the way importCell does not work with XLSX files.
Ed

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 01 January 2011 20:25:04(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello TheWizEd,

I was playing with your example. Btw, what version did you use? I suppose you used some previous version because the multiline function name is in the middle of the line - not on the top.

Based on few posts here on the Forum, I think that the Excel plugin will not work well with 0.89_8 version - it needs updating.

On the other hand, your function might not work in the previous version other than the recent one if you just use simple vector of strings instead of Excel plugin. For instance, this example is working in 0.89_8 (not sure about the previous ones).

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline TheWizEd  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2011 17:12:08(UTC)
TheWizEd

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Radovan,

I'm using 0.89. I tried the debug plugin to see if I could trace through the program but it doesn't work under Windows 7 for some reason.

I'm able to get the first line of the file "W44X335". And I'm sure the key "W8X24" exists in the file but when looping through the function breaks down. Perhaps findstr isn't working well in the function. Just a guess.

Thanks for the help.

Ed
Ed
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 02 January 2011 17:32:59(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Ed,
TheWizEd wrote:
I'm using 0.89. I tried the debug plugin to see if I could trace through the program but it doesn't work under Windows 7 for some reason.

The debug plugin is in the developing stage, thanking to one of the SMath advanced user Good . I hope this useful tool will be available and working in Windows 7 (not tried myself) - sooner or later.
TheWizEd wrote:
I'm able to get the first line of the file "W44X335". And I'm sure the key "W8X24" exists in the file but when looping through the function breaks down. Perhaps findstr isn't working well in the function. Just a guess.

You might be right, I am not sure. When you use just the function body, it will work - but if you put it in a multiline function it will not work. On the other hand even the example I've presented will not work in 0.89 (using simple string vector, not the Excel plugin). I think that Andrey corrected some things in the meantime.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"