Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MAGNUmS  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2010 16:49:10(UTC)
MAGNUmS

Groups: Registered
Man

Hi,

I have recently started using SMath for construction engineering related problems, and thank you for this great product!

However, I have discovered a bug in the 0.89 version that causes some problems. If I define a constant equal to (1-1)/(2-1), the fraction is evaluated as a "Division by zero". It seems that if the numerator requires evaluation and equals zero, this error occurs despite the denominator not being zero. The error is also provoked when using variables in the same setting, which causes problems in various situations.

Also, a great feature of MathCAD is the ability to plot and integrate over discontinuous functions (functions with if/else structures). Do you plan to implement this features into SMath? I believe the plotting of discontinuous functions worked in the previous version, while the latest gives a "function is not defined" error.

Kind regards,
Magnus Alseth

Edited by user 23 July 2010 19:21:41(UTC)  | Reason: Readability

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline MAGNUmS  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2010 18:51:07(UTC)
MAGNUmS

Groups: Registered
Man

I may have been a little quick posting a bug report. Blush

After restarting SMath Studio the fraction evaluation error is gone. This seems to be a solution for so many things, so why I didn't try it I cannot tell.

This may not deserve any priority after all then.

Edited by user 23 July 2010 19:13:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified