Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline per  
#1 Posted : 09 May 2010 03:38:25(UTC)
per

Groups: Registered

First a kudo for a beautyfull designed application.
I am a parent to an 11 year old kid finding algebra with pencil and paper fun.But he dont like calculators,and find mathcad 2001i too owerwhelming,which is natural.
I read a discussion about marketing new software in the "project" thread on SMath site where a professional salesperson stated new / different features from competitors was an advantage in capturing users from the market.
I know mathcad 2001i is used widely in 10-12 grade in northern europe,also in UK Open University etc..
With the possibility for a teacher to customise a (simplified) toolbox for f.ex. school algebra the pupil would not be frightened by too many unknown symbols,and could find first steps in computer math rewarding and giving sense of pride when pressing "print".
Following year the teacher could expand toolbox with tools to be used that year.
I wish you good luck,and a bright future for SMath

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2010 06:27:32(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Thanks for your interest to SMath Studio!

You can simply minimize toolpanels that you don't want to be seen by your students - just click on the Toolbox title to hide or show it's buttons. Program will save this settings and will use it every next start (separate settings for every windows user!).

P.S.: Please, if you have a time, help us to translate SMath Studio to the Norwegian language here. On this page you can also get the latest Norwegian translation file to use in SMath Studio.

Best regards, Andrey Ivashov.