Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jojothehobo  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2015 04:06:42(UTC)
jojothehobo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi:
I read the topic "where can I find new plugins. Interesting discussion.
For my situation I don't have the same plugin dialog box. I have SMath Studio 0.96 B 4884 installed. It already has a bunch of plugins installed natively.
When I click on plugins from the tools menu I get small popup box with plugins listed on the left side and a brief description on the right side of the box. No plugins or extension manager as the prior questioner had. The descriptions were not very useful, some more description and even a use case would help a lot. (I tried to copy and paste in this post but I couldn't get that to work)

Still, I went to the official plugins list on the extensions part of the forum as well as the public plugins at "https://smath.info/svn/public/plugins/" . I saw a few that I would like to install. I downloaded a couple of them.
One had an extension xxx.sm. My guess is that I copy the ones with .sm and paste them into the snippets folder
The others had a zip file, which included a bunch of xxx.dlls. My guess is that those get copied into the plugins folder, but I'm not sure of exactly how. The plug in Statistical tools has only one plugin so that seems easy. The plugin Release.zip had six .dll's. So do I just copy and paste all of them into plugins, or do I keep them in a group in a separate folder in plugins. If so, how do I call the plugin to work with excel files.

all help appreciated.

all the best
Jojo Confusion

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2015 17:11:36(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Hello jojothehobo,

My first suggestion is to use a more recent version (0.97.5346 stable or the latest nightly build).
I can't find reasons to continue using an old nightly build No

However the plugins folder used before introducing the Extensions Manager was "Plugins" in the installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SMath Studio\PLugins in Windows 7 - add plugins here may requires administrator privileges).

In the SVN (https://smath.info/svn/public/plugins/) you find the sources of the plugins, not the plugins (*.dll). This means you need an IDE to compile them (Visual Studio, Sharp Develop, etc...). Also, you may need TortoiseSVN to download the sources; this program shows you the changes made in the sources, and lets you navigate through the revisions.

You should found plugins updated for SMath 0.96.4884 in the SVN Revision 231; changes in the code may be required if you download following revisions.

Please note that your SMath Studio version has several known issues thus probably it will be not possible to have some plugins available.

Edited by user 25 August 2015 19:51:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects