Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline studoc  
#1 Posted : 05 July 2011 01:35:33(UTC)
studoc

Groups: Registered

Can anyone help me disable units...?

The further I go with me calc sheet, the funkier the units results become....

I know what the units should be, I would rather be responsible for the units outcome, how can I stop the program from calculating the units result, but still show what the units of the calculation are...?

thanks guys,

Stuart..

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 05 July 2011 08:15:35(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello Stuart,

As far as know, there is no way in SMath to suppress using units. The only thing is to get a dimensionless results by dividing the result with the result's units.
Could you give me an example of what do you really want to do, please.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline TheWizEd  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2011 03:11:05(UTC)
TheWizEd

Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Stuart,

I use Imperial units constantly, feet, inches, pounds, etc. and SMath has handled these flawlessly. In fact it has prevented mistakes with mixed units especially feet and inches. So don't know what might be the problem with the units your using. But you can always redefine units to unity.

In the example below, 12 inches equals 1 foot. Then I reassign the unit 'in to be 1 and 'ft to be 1. Now I can assign units but they would have no effect on the calculations. To create or reassign units type the single quote followed by the name. After the units have been reassigned to 1 any calculation would be unitless and just go to the end of the line and type 'ft to display the value with a unit suffix.

Don't thinks there's any way to turn off units in SMath and in fact its an integral part of the way data is stored in the program.

Open in SMath Cloud
Ed
Offline callmeishmael  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2011 17:50:47(UTC)
callmeishmael

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Units handling in SMath seems to be pretty robust. If you are getting funky results, then there's ptobably something you should check in your calculation.
Can you please post an example of what you get, specifing what you would expect?

Nevertheless, if you do not want units, simply do not use, define the input as unitless variables and you're done.