Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JohnSG  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2017 20:56:40(UTC)
JohnSG

Groups: Registered
United States

This may be a dumb idea for fundraising, since I don't know if the return on effort is worthwhile.

I use SS for my job. I would like to donate a small amount, but my company is also small and does not consider any donations. But, if there were a page for a commercial version that I could just buy, I could spend $25 or perhaps $50 without approval required, as long as the purchase website for the commercial version did not say anything about a free version or donation anywhere. It could be exactly the same version and same license, but it would be a purchase, not a donation.

Perhaps this has been tried already, or maybe it would add confusion, but I thought that I would at least write it down. I don't know how many people are in my same situation.

John

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Kenny Lemens  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2018 17:14:55(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
John,

I understand where you are coming from, but I think offering this free product for a price violates its own Terms and Conditions.

BUT....

If you file saveAs; you can save an *.exe; this has the 'free version,' and the 'full version.'
https://smath.info/viewer/help.aspx
This full version applies to the SMath Viewer. While it is still in Beta, it might be the 'commercial' solution you are looking for?

-Kenny
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2