Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline John at the Waterfalls  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2011 09:12:23(UTC)
John at the Waterfalls

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am currently using MathCad and SMath side by side, learning them together.

I have not been able to use the Insert-> Picture command to insert a picture into MathCad like one can do with every other program in the world. The command gives me some kind of matrix box. I can only copy a screen clipping and then paste it into MC. I have to be doing something wrong here with MC.

With SMath, I can drag a thumbnail into the worksheet and it pastes itself as a picture. The Insert->Picture->From File works perfect. I can also copy and paste screen captures or picture areas from other graphic programs.

I have also found the Insert-> Picture -> Create command which inserts a box onto the page. I can draw in the box using my mouse or Tablet PC stylus. This looks like the seed of a drawing program we can look forward to.

The drawback of graphics in SMath are that you can draw over them with you mouse but you cannot undo anything. Also there are no drawing tools yet. Just the ability to draw an unerasable line. The other graphics problem is that the graphic does not shrink or enlarge if you do the rubber band box thing with it. If you shrink the picture box and then stretch it again, you loose that which was hidden by shrinking the box.

I was not able to do a direct copy and paste of elements from my DesignCAD progam into SMath but was able to do this with MathCad. Of course a screen clip from my CAD program pasted just fine into Smath.

I am so looking forward to the drawing feature ... I will be able to do those "back of envelope" sketches all in the same program on my tablet PC.

Edited by user 02 January 2011 18:59:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.