Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 23 December 2016 20:51:48(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Hello developers,

I have updated the guides about how to create a plug-in in SMath Studio to be compatible with the latest APIs.

Please report any issue so we can keep them updated Wink

a copy of both the tutorials and the code of the plug-ins is available in our SVN.

Edited by user 13 January 2018 19:55:26(UTC)  | Reason: link to the extensions page

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 4 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 23/12/2016(UTC),  on 24/12/2016(UTC),  on 24/12/2016(UTC),  on 28/12/2016(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Kenny Lemens  
#2 Posted : 12 January 2018 19:10:56(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Davide,

Some minor issues for the vb.net walkthrough; your tutorial was directing us to look for TryEvaluateExpression(value As Entry, context as store, result as entry) as boolean, but I was coming up with (4) parameters instead of just the (3) you indicated, in addition to a different function name:
Code:

Public Function ExpressionEvaluation(root As Term, args As Term()(), ByRef context As Store, ByRef result() As Term) As Boolean Implements IPluginLowLevelEvaluation.ExpressionEvaluation
      'Throw New NotImplementedException()
   End Function

For the purposes of the tutorial, looks like the term 'root as term' replaces the variable 'value as entry'. Nothing serious, but it a curve ball never the less.

Thank you for the walkthrough, good resource; gave a great starting point and provided me with a few insights of Visual Studio I was not aware of.

-Kenny

"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
Offline Davide Carpi  
#3 Posted : 13 January 2018 04:06:10(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
Hello Kenny,

Glad that you liked it, I've started from this tutorial too (the very first version made by Andrey several years ago) Good

Originally Posted by: Kenn L Go to Quoted Post
but I was coming up with (4) parameters instead of just the (3) you indicated, in addition to a different function name

this is because you have implemented another interface, IPluginLowLevelEvaluation instead of IPluginLowLevelEvaluationFast; I've documented the latter only because that's the most new, the one you found one day probably will be removed.

However there were some other changes in the APIs (SessionProfile), so here we have the updated tutorials Good

TUTORIALS UPDATED
- API changes;
- msbuild fast deploy (thanks to Martin Kraska for the idea);
- minor fixes;

Edited by user 13 January 2018 16:55:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects