Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline win  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2010 21:20:52(UTC)
win

Groups: Registered

First, a very sincere appreciation of this amazing piece of software. I truly believe that, with your responsive approach, you will convert a lot of old Mathcad users. Well done. It has been a huge effort and you have done an great job.

Now for possibly a question, or a request. One of the first things I'm looking for is the Global definition (the "~" or triple equal sign in Mathcad) which allows a particularly useful way of working.

This allows you to build a control panel at the bottom of the document where you can change inputs and see the recalculated outputs on the same screen.

So far I can't find this command, but I think that it must be quite easy to implement if it isn't there yet.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:34:25(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello,

Actually, I think there might be a doubt about global variables like in Mathcad. SMath works diferently than Mathcad. Please take a look at this example
Open in SMath Cloud
Something like this can not be performed in Mathcad unless you define variables a and b as global variables. Therefore, you can actually have "global" variables in the sense you mentioned above. Just do not define variables until you need them.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline win  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2010 12:26:48(UTC)
win

Groups: Registered

Radovan,

Many thanks. I think that I stumbled on this effect myself - but then convinced myself that it hadn't happened!

That is a very useful approach. regards, Win
Offline omorr  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2010 12:50:43(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
You are welcome Win Good

I suggest you to read some of the material on the SMath Wiki. You can contribute to it as well, if you like.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"