Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#21 Posted : 14 September 2015 12:40:57(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 873 post(s)
PLUGIN UPDATED SMath Studio 0.97.5301 and later

• Introduced the new "Field" object*;
  • Fixed critical bug on HTML serialization (many thanks to NDTM Amarasekera for pointing out this issue);
  • Fixed detection of hyperlinks placed at the end of lines;
  • Context menu improved on object/hyperlink selection;
  • requirements downgraded to SMath Studio 0.97.5301 (many thanks to Andrey for the work done for developpers in background);
  • minor changes & fixes;

* new items available from toolbar or CTRL+SHIFT+X shortcut; edit via toolbar/double-click/context menu/shortcut.
You can change "Worksheet Info" attributes from the "File" > "Properties..." menu; the update rule is: region language > SMath interface language > english > no update available (light red highlight).
Documentation about date/time format specifiers may be found here;

Edited by user 14 September 2015 16:40:55(UTC)  | Reason: version requirements changed (beta limiter)

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 3 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 14/09/2015(UTC),  on 14/09/2015(UTC),  on 14/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#22 Posted : 18 September 2015 14:06:40(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

PLUGIN UPDATED SMath Studio 0.97.5301 and later

• Fixed: load/save non-bold/non-italic/non-underline/non-strikethrough characters vs bold/italic/underline/strikethrough default fonts;
  • Fixed: "set as default" now applies the changes to the parent region;
  • Fields: improved stability;
  • minor fixes;

Edited by user 18 September 2015 16:07:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline mkraska  
#23 Posted : 20 September 2015 22:57:53(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1119 time(s) in 717 post(s)
Hi Davide,

when the default wrap is set to custom, then new writer regions are created with nearly no width, thus you always need to adjust it first.

I propose either to set a customizable default width or to use the value of the last interactive width change. Thus, if you create a series of regions, you have to set the width just once.

Martin
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 2 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 21/09/2015(UTC),  on 21/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#24 Posted : 21 September 2015 11:02:22(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hello Martin Good

I agree with you. I've made a small change, now the default width for custom wrap is half page (plugin updated)

Quote:
I propose either to set a customizable default width or to use the value of the last interactive width change. Thus, if you create a series of regions, you have to set the width just once.

I'll see what I can do Good
thanks 1 user thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 22/09/2015(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#25 Posted : 22 September 2015 11:17:48(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

It's a problem of APIs, not about the OS... Rebuilt for the latest SMath Studio stable, it should works now.

Edited by user 22 September 2015 11:22:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 22/09/2015(UTC),  on 22/09/2015(UTC)
Offline cyrusfox  
#26 Posted : 24 September 2015 07:37:34(UTC)
cyrusfox

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you a million times over, I have only been using SMath for a couple weeks and the lack of word wrap was a huge point of frustration. It took me a minute to figure how to toggle that with this extension. Is there some place that has a basic tutorial or access guide for features this extension enables? Would it be possible to include a spell checker as well? Thanks for putting this together and out there.
Offline Davide Carpi  
#27 Posted : 24 September 2015 13:48:01(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: cyrusfox Go to Quoted Post
Thank you a million times over, I have only been using SMath for a couple weeks and the lack of word wrap was a huge point of frustration. It took me a minute to figure how to toggle that with this extension.

You are welcome

Is there some place that has a basic tutorial or access guide for features this extension enables?

In the first post of this thread there is a basic guide for this plugin. Most of the features are the same of any WYSIWYG editor, let me know if there is something missing or to better explain.

Would it be possible to include a spell checker as well? Thanks for putting this together and out there.

This is planned Good

Edited by user 24 September 2015 16:00:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Davide Carpi  
#28 Posted : 13 October 2015 13:56:02(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

PLUGIN UPDATED SMath Studio 0.97.5737 and later

• New: Spelling check (see instructions attached in the first post to enable it);
  • Width of new regions on custom wrap now can be set as percent of the page width;
  • Fixed: font-size changes on selection vs toolbar;
  • minor fixes;

Edited by user 13 October 2015 14:56:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 13/10/2015(UTC),  on 13/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Alex M.  
#29 Posted : 14 January 2016 18:59:05(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Davide, do you think it might be possible to merge your settings toolbar into the main SMath toolbar? Not the most important change, but it will make the use of plugin a little bit more convenient.

Thanks!
Offline Davide Carpi  
#30 Posted : 15 January 2016 11:55:20(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hello Alex,

Originally Posted by: Alex.M Go to Quoted Post
Davide, do you think it might be possible to merge your settings toolbar into the main SMath toolbar? Not the most important change, but it will make the use of plugin a little bit more convenient.

As for now we can't do it from plugins, I've asked Andrey some time ago to make it possible. I've added the request in the BTS so the community can vote it (SS-2290).

Edited by user 15 January 2016 12:13:43(UTC)  | Reason: added request in the BTS

Offline Davide Carpi  
#31 Posted : 09 February 2016 21:46:42(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

PLUGIN UPDATED SMath Studio 0.97.5346 and SMath Studio 0.97.5737

• Context menu: changes in Page alignment/Wrap/Spacing now are applied to multiple selections;
  • Context menu: Settings' toolbar now can be opened also when the region is selected (also when there is a multiple selection);
  • Context menu: Custom line spacing (Multiple) numeric up down fixed;
thanks 3 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 09/02/2016(UTC),  on 09/02/2016(UTC),  on 04/03/2016(UTC)
Offline cyrusfox  
#32 Posted : 04 March 2016 12:30:02(UTC)
cyrusfox

I love your plugin and the improvements you have added(Spell checker is great!).

I do have a request though. Although I can hold down Ctrl + arrow key to skip across words, but when I attempt to use Shift + Ctrl + arrow it only highlights a single letter!
Additionally, home and end keys work to go to the end or beginning of the current line(as does shift + Home or End to highlight), I would like to press Ctrl + End to go to the end of the current writer region(or Ctrl + Home to go to the start), and also Shift + Ctrl + End to highlight all of them.
This would make editing quite a bit faster.
Thanks
Offline Davide Carpi  
#33 Posted : 04 March 2016 21:26:13(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

I love your plugin and the improvements you have added(Spell checker is great!).

You're welcome, thank you for using the plugin Good

I do have a request though. Although I can hold down Ctrl + arrow key to skip across words, but when I attempt to use Shift + Ctrl + arrow it only highlights a single letter!
Additionally, home and end keys work to go to the end or beginning of the current line(as does shift + Home or End to highlight), I would like to press Ctrl + End to go to the end of the current writer region(or Ctrl + Home to go to the start), and also Shift + Ctrl + End to highlight all of them.
This would make editing quite a bit faster.
Thanks

Agreed. Will be available in the next relase, as well as other improvements in keyboard shortcuts. Good

Edited by user 04 March 2016 21:29:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

on 04/03/2016(UTC)
Offline Davide Carpi  
#34 Posted : 09 March 2016 01:44:06(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

PLUGIN UPDATED SMath Studio 0.97.5346 and later

• Paste editable math in MS Word: added more functions [vectorize(1), at(2), at(3), Ceil(1), Floor(1), Conjugate(1)];
  • Toolbar: swapped positions of indent increase/indent decrease buttons to reflect positions in common word processors;
  • Added new hotkeys: CTRL+UP, CTRL+DOWN, CTRL+HOME, CTRL+END, SHIFT+UP, SHIFT+DOWN, CTRL+SHIFT+HOME, CTRL+SHIFT+END, CTRL+SHIFT+UP, CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN, CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT, CTRL+SHIFT+RIGHT, ALT+SHIFT+LEFT, ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT, ALT+SHIFT+M;
  • fixed some hotkeys issues related to selected objects;
  • fixed problems pasting diacritical marks from clipboard;
  • fixed problems related to indent changes on wrapped regions;
  • fixed fields issues vs indent;
  • minor improvements;
  • WriterRegion documentation updated (see post #1);

Edited by user 09 March 2016 01:47:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

on 09/03/2016(UTC)
Offline Alex M.  
#35 Posted : 13 March 2016 20:42:02(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Davide,

Wanted to bring to your attention the following peculiarity of printing .sm file with a writer region to PDF. Not all text is recognized as text in the resulting PDF file (makes the PDF file non-searchable). There is a patter to the madness, so there is hope that something can be done.

Many thanks for the region! I use it all the time.

WriterRegionPrintToPDF.sm (3kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
WriterRegionPrintToPDF.png
WriterRegionPrintToPDF.pdf (21kb) downloaded 42 time(s).
Offline Davide Carpi  
#36 Posted : 13 March 2016 21:48:28(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Hello Alex Good

I'm aware of that; there's not transfer of characters or text between plugins and the pdf printer, the worksheet is processed as an image and the OCR of the printer you use it may produce a better or worst result. Part of the problem however is in the plugin itself because the text is not rendered at "full quality" (because issues in GDI+ vs text measurements); this is something very complex to address, recently I've seen a possible solution/improvement that involves the use of unmanaged code from the OS (namely the technique used by this project:HTML renderer), but I don't know if this may break the plug-in compatibility in some OS (and how much work would be needed to replace the part of code involved).
Offline Alex M.  
#37 Posted : 13 March 2016 21:56:02(UTC)
Alex M.

Canada

Originally Posted by: Davide Carpi Go to Quoted Post
Hello Alex Good

I'm aware of that; there's not transfer of characters or text between plugins and the pdf printer, the worksheet is processed as an image and the OCR of the printer you use it may produce a better or worst result. Part of the problem however is in the plugin itself because the text is not rendered at "full quality" (because issues in GDI+ vs text measurements); this is something very complex to address, recently I've seen a possible solution/improvement that involves the use of unmanaged code from the OS (namely the technique used by this project:HTML renderer), but I don't know if this may break the plug-in compatibility in some OS (and how much work would be needed to replace the part of code involved).

From the sounds of it, the benefit would not justify the difficulty of the tweak.
Offline ElSid  
#38 Posted : 04 April 2016 23:13:37(UTC)
ElSid

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks for this plugin.
Questions:
  1. Is there a way to have the "toolbar" pop-up automatically? maybe override the standard smath tools?
  2. In order to open, I need to type CTRL+SHFT+W; however, for the toolbar to open, I need to press CTRL+SHIFT+S at least 3 times for the tool bar to pop-up. Is this normal?
  3. With the included formatting, would a bullet point or list object (like this Good) be something that can be implemented?
Offline Davide Carpi  
#39 Posted : 05 April 2016 01:55:13(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: ElSid Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this plugin.

You're welcome Good

Questions:
Is there a way to have the "toolbar" pop-up automatically?

Maybe, I'll inspect this possibility.

maybe override the standard smath tools?

You can support (vote) this BTS request.

for the toolbar to open, I need to press CTRL+SHIFT+S at least 3 times for the tool bar to pop-up.

I cannot reproduce (tested both with my Win7 laptop and an old WinXP PC). The first time you open the toolbar it is a little bit slower than further times because some things have to be initialized, a single CTRL+SHIFT+S should works (however I'll inspect if there are "interferences").

With the included formatting, would a bullet point or list object (like this Good) be something that can be implemented?

Maybe. As for the truth you have WriterRegion because in the very beginning I was working on a plugin to create enumerated text regions (to use as chapters' titles or simple lists), and I was looking for a way to write the text on the canvas instead of using a form; because the origins, the original plan was to have lists only via that plugin. To have full-functional lists natively in WriterRegion there are several things to do, I'll see what I can do (but because the complexity it will not be in short times).

Edited by user 05 April 2016 18:15:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline cyrusfox  
#40 Posted : 15 April 2016 21:21:09(UTC)
cyrusfox

Davide, as always, your add-in is awesome and really an integral part of my use of smath studio. Thanks for creating it and the recent updates you have performed. I had two ideas for features I would like to suggest you think about incorporating some day:
  • Rotated text(like rotating the whole writer region box, 90° intervals works for me)
  • Emojis!!! Biggrin basic static ones would be great!

Thanks Again!
thanks 1 user thanked cyrusfox for this useful post.
on 16/04/2016(UTC)