Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rsdias  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2022 13:27:15(UTC)
rsdias

Groups: Registered
Brazil

I started using the Smath program a little while ago and I'm having a problem that I believe is because I don't know how the software works with physical units.

My problem is the following, I have a variable ton:= 6.1538 us (micro seconds), but when I do Ton^2 the result does not appear in the micro seconds unit and it stays with s^2 us unit, I don't understand how to leave it alone in micro seconds, and with that the calculation is also not correct in a formula that uses this variable ton^2, could someone tell me how this question of units works please. Thanks in advance for your attention.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2022 16:20:18(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1120 time(s) in 718 post(s)
Sounds like you have a non-physical equation.

If you have a = 1 m and A = a^2, then I would expect A being 1 m^2. So your physics must be very special.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Kenny Lemens  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2022 16:26:03(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Greetings!

By default, 「's」 is the base unit in SMath (and thus, the default unit of time); any calculation in terms of time will report in seconds. If you want to review your answer in microseconds, you can insert microseconds in the placeholder at the right of your equation to override the default units.

Clicking on your equation, you should notice a ▮ appear, just type the unit 「'μs」 and you will see your desired result:

SMath_unitsoverride.jpg

Hope this helps you,

Kenny Lemens, P.E. ᵂᴵ
========================================
P.S. you mentioned ton and Ton in your post, be aware SMath is Case-Sensative; that is tonTon
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
Offline rsdias  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2022 17:23:12(UTC)
rsdias

Brazil

Thanks for the guidance, using microseconds as the unit, everything worked out fine. Thanks.