Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline EamonB  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2022 13:58:55(UTC)
EamonB

Groups: Registered
South Africa

My older SMath docs have Courier 12 pt as a default font. Newer versions now default to Arial 10pt. So for consistency, I have to keep going back to fix this up. Easy I know, but then often I forget to update to the text I want and I end up with mixed fonts.
So... is there a way to set the default font for this application?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Kenny Lemens  
#2 Posted : 07 October 2022 01:16:46(UTC)
Kenny Lemens

Man
United States

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Greetings!

Yes, you can edit the default font.

The short answer:
In your tool bar, you will notice the ability to modify font and font size. Without anything selected, modify these dropdown boxes as desired. Your defaults have been changed; To save these as as your new Defaults, close your SMath Application (when SMath closes, it updates your settings.inf, which contains your default fonts). DONE! Reopen your SMath and the font/size remembers your selection.

The long answer:
You can change the setting file directly. Make sure you close ALL instances of SMath (else you risk overwriting the file, as mentioned above) , and navigate/open the following file:
Quote:
%Appdata%\SMath\settings.inf

You will find the following lines, edit them to your desire:
Quote:
Rounding=0
FontName=Calibri
FontSize=8

Representation=Default

In addition, you can edit the font used in math/equations here:
Quote:
file:\\C:\Program Files (x86)\SMath Studio\representation\settings.prop
Create a copy of this file before modifying it, just in case you accidently corrupt the file; do not be surprised when you see some items (e.g. square root, division symbol) stay with the 'light weight' appearance; these elements are not font based, they are generated to match Courier New Font (System Default).

In conclusion
You can edit your settings.inf either directly, or indirectly. However, this is a file that is updated every time you exit SMath; Instead of "Default Font,' it is more like "Last Font Used;" if you wish for the information saved in settings.inf to behave more like a Default setting, you can make this file readonly. You will loose the ability to see your actual recent files, but you will not have to worry about accidently changing your default font/size.

Hope this helps,

Kenny Lemens, P.E.
"No matter where you go, there you are." -Buckaroo Banzai

Hotkeys: https://en.smath.com/for...rce.ashx?a=45771&b=2
Offline EamonB  
#3 Posted : 07 October 2022 10:57:24(UTC)
EamonB

South Africa

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Your short answer works- GREAT Good

Your long answer: I see AppData Folder has attribute: "Hidden" so some people will have trouble finding it.

Thanks for the help.

ERB
Offline mkraska  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2022 13:17:44(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
If you just want to change the font of existing text regions in legacy documents, you select all cells using Ctrl-A and then select font arial.
This doesn't touch non-text regions.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 1 user thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 08/10/2022(UTC)