Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline R2022TC  
#1 Posted : 20 August 2022 12:43:42(UTC)
R2022TC

Groups: Registered
Peru

I was triying to resolve this ecuation with "Maxima",But i dont now how to make it work,I have 2 vector with unkown components(0,y,z) and (0,g,n),and 2 forces with components unkown,but proporcional.¿
¿How can i resolve this kind of system?

Hoja de trabajo4.sm (140kb) downloaded 17 time(s).

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline loha  
#2 Posted : 20 August 2022 14:14:35(UTC)
loha

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Here I have calculated the force resultant and decomposed in different directions, at several places.
No time to explain the details, but if you like you can use some of those methods.
It's just an application of the classic method.
There is some graphic representation of both forces and structural members, also.

Patharpratima Community Centre wind calculations 4-3-2022.sm (843kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Offline Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 20 August 2022 15:32:11(UTC)
Jean Giraud

Canada

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 808 post(s)
Hoja de trabajo4.sm (149kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Offline loha  
#4 Posted : 20 August 2022 16:13:08(UTC)
loha

Oh my god it's a 3D system of forces. If you want to solve in 3D you will get screws/wrenches, it's terribly complicated to resolve. I did once in geogebra, it works but it's so involved I didn't have the courage to translate to Smath. A more elegant way than solving 3D screws would be to work with polar polyhedra (see the PhD of Marina Konstantatou). I also did that in geogebra, and here also, couldn't find teh courage to translate to Smath. But it would be very exciting if someone could do that, because geogebra is very limited in the size of data it can handle because of its interactive mechanism.

So anyway, for a practical solution, in your place I would work in 2D projections of the 3D forces. 2 projections are enough. It's absolutely fine for engineering purposes in my (limited) experience.
Offline loha  
#5 Posted : 20 August 2022 16:18:15(UTC)
loha

Offline Razonar  
#6 Posted : 21 August 2022 02:22:51(UTC)
Razonar

Uruguay

Was thanked: 815 time(s) in 516 post(s)
Hola Erre. You can have a lot of issues trying to solve your system with maxima because that the decomposition over components isn't automatic in SMath.

In the attached a numerical method implemented for solve the system, which depends of the guess value, as usually do any numerical method.

Hoja de trabajo4.sm (152kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Hoja de trabajo4.pdf (537kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

Best regards.
Alvaro.