Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mar  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2009 11:07:59(UTC)
mar

Groups: Registered

In the windows version I do not seem able to copy a selection from the smath sheet and paste it into one of these "forum" pages.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2009 14:34:20(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hello mar,
You have to select the expression, or part of it, copy and paste it into MATH BB/ code (Use "Quote" this and other massages and compare it to what you see in the posts). Pay attention about Regional Settings. The function arguments separator must be ";" and not ","
if(x≡0;y←1;y←2)

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline mar  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2009 19:11:31(UTC)
mar

Groups: Registered

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Can you provide a more detailed example of how to make the copy&paste. Why can't I just copy&paste between the two applications using the stnd clip board method?
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#4 Posted : 14 September 2009 03:25:35(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
mar wrote:
Not sure I understand what you are saying. Can you provide a more detailed example of how to make the copy&paste. Why can't I just copy&paste between the two applications using the stnd clip board method?

Well. Throw the clipboard you can share any separate math expression from the SMath Studio application (you cannot copy couple of expressions in one time) only using MATH forum tag (or several MATH tags for every expression). Please, take a look on the screenshots below:

Figure 1: Using MATH tag of the SMath Studio forum.

Figure 2: Copying of the separate expression to the forum via standard system clipboard.

Note: you should use char ';' as a function arguments delimiter and ',' - as a decimal places separator of the number. You should take care of this by yourself because in some countries ',' character is for functions arguments and '.' - decimal places separator. I hope to find a time to fix this soon, but for now it's so...

omorr, thank you Wink

Edited by user 14 September 2009 03:37:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline omorr  
#5 Posted : 14 September 2009 13:36:49(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
You are welcome Good

What about this? You can gather all the explanations you've made by now and put it in one forum, named say, "Read this first" or something like that. You might save the time explaining the same things many times. Just redirect the users to that forum. If you add another or new explanation, put it in that forum and redirect the user there.

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 14 September 2009 15:47:37(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
omorr wrote:
What about this?

Will do of course.