Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline hanskl  
#1 Posted : 26 May 2021 02:10:14(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi!

When I want to plot text/strings, I add mat(1;5) to my graph. Strings usually has top left justification.

Is it possible to set justification as the sixth element of the matrix?

Best regards.
Offline hanskl  
#2 Posted : 26 May 2021 09:22:32(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: hanskl Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to set justification as the sixth element of the matrix ?

No need AFAIK.


Hello Jean,

Take a look at the attached image. I want C to have top right justification, and B bottom right. I could just offset the coordinates for a quick fix, but when I change the zoom level that will not work.

Best regards,

trig.PNG
Online Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 26 May 2021 15:11:04(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,498
Canada

Was thanked: 846 time(s) in 676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hanskl Go to Quoted Post
Hello Jean,
Take a look at the attached image. I want C to have top right justification, and B bottom right. I could just offset the coordinates for a quick fix, but when I change the zoom level that will not work.
Best regards,

For fixed rotation, you can get inspired from the attached.
Smath is not a CAD, but from little it does so much.
This W Truss originates from Ioan [SS 5346 ?]
End result from multiple collaboration [Alyles, Carlos, Jean].
Next from you: *.sm document.
Cheers ... Jean

Utilities XY [Draw Truss Labels ZOOMED mode].sm (27kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

Offline hanskl  
#4 Posted : 26 May 2021 16:39:47(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post

For fixed rotation, you can get inspired from the attached.
Smath is not a CAD, but from little it does so much.
This W Truss originates from Ioan [SS 5346 ?]
End result from multiple collaboration [Alyles, Carlos, Jean].
Next from you: *.sm document.
Cheers ... Jean


Jean,

Your example seems to work well when zooming out. When zooming in the labels starts getting further appart fram the drawing.

I was hoping maybe this was something the developers could incorporate in an upcoming release.

Best regards,
Offline hanskl  
#5 Posted : 26 May 2021 20:24:37(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post

You are asking a CAD functionality that does not have much interest.
This triangle has some curious relationship.
Most probably each figure will have more surprises + rotation.
What is the interest of zooming a triangle ?
That one, you can zoom/rotate at will for [Area/Perimeter/CG]
[Area/Perimeter/CG] for any figure of XY vertices.
Where are you in your design ? ... Jean.


Jean,

I was just puzzling around with trigonometry. I never seem to remember the trigonometric relationships, so rather than googling 'trigonometric functions' all the time, I figured it would be fun to try to make something in SMath.

Attached is the "project" I was fooling around with. I tried to plot an angle (L) in all the corners that were 90°, but because of the significant round-off errors I skipped that part.

Best regards,

Trigonometry.sm (40kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Offline overlord  
#6 Posted : 26 May 2021 21:42:27(UTC)
overlord


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/07/2013(UTC)
Posts: 406
Turkey

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hanskl Go to Quoted Post
Attached is the "project" I was fooling around with. I tried to plot an angle (L) in all the corners that were 90°, but because of the significant round-off errors I skipped that part.

This is a very good example.
Nice job, kudos to your project.

Regards
Offline hanskl  
#7 Posted : 26 May 2021 22:16:54(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: overlord Go to Quoted Post

This is a very good example.
Nice job, kudos to your project.

Regards


Thank you, far too kind!

Best regards,
Offline hanskl  
#8 Posted : 27 May 2021 00:54:42(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
Your zoomed triangle is pure success from brute force refactoring.
Sorry for the 5 hours power failure from unusual strong wind.
Thanks for this nice project ... Jean

Trigonometry.sm (50kb) downloaded 9 time(s).


I guess zooming in and out on the plot could be avoided by resizing the triangle within the plot.. and that way shifting/aligning the labels manually will work just fine.

Best regards,
Online Jean Giraud  
#9 Posted : 27 May 2021 14:04:45(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,498
Canada

Was thanked: 846 time(s) in 676 post(s)
Last brick in the wall for that one.
Medians [med] approximate, not from calculations.
More maths added for convenience.
Thanks for that superb Classroom ... Jean

Utilities XY [Draw ZOOM Triangle].sm (21kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Offline hanskl  
#10 Posted : 28 May 2021 13:10:15(UTC)
hanskl


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 25/10/2017(UTC)
Posts: 150
Norway

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
Last brick in the wall for that one.
Medians [med] approximate, not from calculations.
More maths added for convenience.
Thanks for that superb Classroom ... Jean


Jean,

Very interesting! Thanks for the insight.

Best regards,
Online Jean Giraud  
#11 Posted : 28 May 2021 16:57:10(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 5,498
Canada

Was thanked: 846 time(s) in 676 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hanskl Go to Quoted Post
Very interesting! Thanks for the insight.

... added rotation of a new triangle.
Take care ... Jean

Utilities XY [Draw ZOOM Triangle] Copy.sm (48kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.