Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Dudebro  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2021 21:03:20(UTC)
Dudebro

Groups: Registered
Sweden

Hello and the obligatory THANK YOU for making a working symbolic math program!

In MathCAD I regularly make calc sheets with input and output at the top, and the calculations collected below.

For this I use the ~ tilde, which MathCAD turns into a ≡ which allows variables to be displayed above their definitions.

I see here that such a feature should be available in SMath Studio, but I don't succeed getting it to work.

https://en.smath.com/for...bsolute-definitions.aspx

Is there something I misunderstand?

I type like A ~ 5 but all I get is a text string like A~5.

I did try the Alt + 0126 thing, no difference.

I suspect it has something to do with the scroll menu that appears if I only type ~, but that does not seem to make much of a difference either. If I define ABC := 5 and then type ~ I can choose ABC in that menu, but from there on the behavior is the same.

Does it have anything to do with my swedish keymap? To get the tilde, I use AltGr plus one of those buttons that do not generate a character immediately but waits until the next button is pressed. " ^ ~ are all generated by pressing that key plus space, SHIFT plus that key plus space, AltGr plus that key plus space.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Dudebro  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2021 21:43:27(UTC)
Dudebro

Sweden

Oh. Never mind. I accidentally found out that I need to type tilde, then define the variable which then get bolded.

Then I need to type tilde and TAB-choose the variable from the list, which also bolds the text. If not, then it's wrong.

So now it works. Great! Thanks again!

Offline mkraska  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2021 21:44:29(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
In Mathcad you have a special type of assignment, in SMath you have a special type of variable.

If the variable name starts with a tilde than assignments to it are known also above the definition. In your example, you need to type ~A:5

Absolute variables are displayed in boldface.

Blatt5.png
Blatt5.sm (3kb) downloaded 23 time(s).

Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
Offline Dudebro  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2021 17:15:30(UTC)
Dudebro

Sweden

I understand. Thank you very much!