Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RFreund  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2020 03:19:36(UTC)
RFreund

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Two questions:

I thought custom functions like Ceil[], round[], etc. worked with units, but there appears to be issues with imperial units. Is that correct?

What is the best/easiest way to find an extension or plugin "page". I couldn't find the extension page for CustomFunctions. I can find a list of registered extensions but it doesn't link to their "page".

Thank!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Davide Carpi  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2020 12:13:11(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
SMath Studio provides automatically an "extension's page" for each plugin (from the hompage click on the ]plug-ins link)

I usually add the link to the forum thread at the top of the "Related resources" section (this is up to each developer since cannot be automated).

2020-12-21 10_15_36-Custom Functions - SMath - Mozilla Firefox.png

About the units, I've not tested them with Imperial units as default, I'll check what can be done.

Edited by user 21 December 2020 14:18:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline RFreund  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 06:18:35(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Thanks for the response. A couple follow up questions.

1. When you say homepage. Are you referring to the en.smath.com/forum or en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/summary Either way I don't see an "extension page" link.

2. When you say imperial as "default" do you truly mean default? How do I change the default?

3. I have default set to imperial, but if I use a unit in the equation things seem to go array. Here is a photo:

Custom Functions Units.jpg
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2020 16:12:49(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
You're welcome,

Originally Posted by: RFreund Go to Quoted Post
A couple follow up questions.

1. When you say homepage. Are you referring to the en.smath.com/forum or en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/summary Either way I don't see an "extension page" link.

I mean the landing page of https://smath.com

2. When you say imperial as "default" do you truly mean default? How do I change the default?

Yes, Imperial can be the default internal units system; otherwise by default everything is processed and passed to the functions in SI units.
The way to do it is described here f.e., but there are still known issues AFAIK.

3. I have default set to imperial, but if I use a unit in the equation things seem to go array. Here is a photo:

39.37in is 1m

This is because the function has 0.034m as input => ceil(0.034m)=1m

If I set the Units System to Imperial, I get 1ft as result, because the function read 0.167ft as input => ceil(0.167ft)=1ft

So it seems that the function works correctly with both the systems, but working with units everything is refered to the base unit (m or ft in this case); if you want to "round" a value associated to a multiple you have to divide by that unit inside the function and multiply again outside.

Edited by user 22 December 2020 21:59:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline RFreund  
#5 Posted : 30 December 2020 20:02:24(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Davide - thanks again for the Reponses. When I try to go to "https://smath.com" I auto redirect to "https://en.smath.com/view/SMathStudio/summary" so maybe there is a difference.

Here is what I see:
Home Page.jpg

Offline RFreund  
#6 Posted : 30 December 2020 20:03:25(UTC)
RFreund

United States

Sorry, nevermind, I found it:

Home Page - Plugin.jpg