Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jason McCool  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2020 20:33:18(UTC)
Jason McCool

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm not sure how to describe my question, so I may have missed it already being answered because I didn't search for the right keyword, but here goes. Is there a way to assign a string to a variable that has any of the characters allowed in a text region? For instance, if I start a new text region, I can have symbols like quotation marks, equal signs, etc. in the text. If I assign a string to a variable, the string can't have quotation marks or equal signs. I'm assuming it's because these are reserved since " starts the string definition and = displays the result. But I seem to remember from my little bit of programming decades ago that there was usually some kind of way of using reserved items in code comments or string definitions by putting the quote mark in quotes of using a double slash if a single slash was reserved, or something along those lines. The attached screenshot is one example where I'd like to use the Formatted Label function to display something like the messages shown there. It would be preferable if I could use the quote mark (inch symbol) in my result message. Is there a way to do that? Thanks in advance for any answers!

2020-11-06_11-27-44.png
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2020 20:57:31(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1978 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello.

Please try to use Ctrl+K to turn special symbols mode on.

Best regards.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 06/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Jason McCool  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2020 21:42:16(UTC)
Jason McCool

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you, Andrey! I didn't know about that. That works perfectly for what I needed!
Jason
Jason McCool
Robbins Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA