Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Davide Carpi  
#1 Posted : 30 June 2013 19:16:01(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
An old personal snippet, revisited.

snippet shortcut: percent

Best regards,

Davide

Edited by moderator 28 October 2014 23:27:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
Extensions Manager.png
SMath Studio Desktop - [Page1].png
SMath Studio Desktop - [percent.sm].png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
thanks 2 users thanked Davide Carpi for this useful post.
on 30/06/2013(UTC),  on 30/06/2013(UTC)

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline mkraska  
#2 Posted : 30 June 2013 21:21:41(UTC)
mkraska

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Simply great! I tried that and did not find appropriate characters.

If you want to have these units built-in, then replace the file units.xml in subdirectory "entries" of your smath installation.
File Attachment(s):
Units.zip (4kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
mkraska attached the following image(s):
prozent.PNG
units1.PNG
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx
thanks 2 users thanked mkraska for this useful post.
on 30/06/2013(UTC),  on 01/07/2013(UTC)
Offline kilele  
#3 Posted : 02 July 2013 14:43:06(UTC)
kilele

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)
@Davide
Some of the unicode symbols don't show up correctly in my installation (mkraska portable version). See picture.

@Martin
offtopic
I don't know if your proposal would give way to support US and UK unit systems, mentioned on this post:
http://en.smath.info/for...-file.aspx#post8896could
The only problem is that there seems to be confusion between imperial and american customary measurements, the two share the names of measurements, etc. An easy solution could be supporting only US since they are more commonly used. I'm a fan of universal things but it'd be nice to see SMath dealing with different unit systems in a safe fay.

Edited by user 02 July 2013 14:46:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kilele attached the following image(s):
unitper.png
Offline Davide Carpi  
#4 Posted : 02 July 2013 15:10:15(UTC)
Davide Carpi

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 1329 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Seem that your "courier new" font is not updated...

Try looking here and here (with the same machine) if you have the same issue.

BTW I hope that hereafter the standard % sign will be unlocked by Andrey as an official unit. If this is not possible the alternative could be to have a "symbolical" function perc(1) for the LHS (like sum(), diff(), int(), etc..., where the function is converted as a drawn symbol with a placeholder - like in the picture attached below), and a new "percentual" item in the "fractions" context menu for the RHS (something auspicable also for the imaginary form: e^{i*θ})

Best regards,

Davide

Edited by user 02 July 2013 17:17:38(UTC)  | Reason: messagebox warning removed

Davide Carpi attached the following image(s):
Local Font List - Mozilla Firefox.png
SMath Studio Desktop - [perc concept].png
If you like my plugins consider to support SMath Studio buying a plan; to offer me a coffee: paypal.me/dcprojects
Offline mkraska  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2013 16:33:23(UTC)
mkraska

Germany

Was thanked: 1124 time(s) in 721 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kilele Go to Quoted Post

@Martin
offtopic
I don't know if your proposal would give way to support US and UK unit systems, mentioned on this post:
http://en.smath.info/for...-file.aspx#post8896could
The only problem is that there seems to be confusion between imperial and american customary measurements, the two share the names of measurements, etc. An easy solution could be supporting only US since they are more commonly used. I'm a fan of universal things but it'd be nice to see SMath dealing with different unit systems in a safe fay.

This is how I understand the options of units.xml so far:
- units can have multiple representations per language, example is "deg" and "°" for degrees (angular units). If you use them in english unit language setting, then they are saved correctly.
- If you define alternative german representations like "°" and "Grad", then always the same english version is saved, such that upon loading the document, you have all one unit (the first definition for the current language setting in. Thus, whenever you want to save different versions of a unit, then they need to belong to different english versions.
- You can define units without providing english versions. Example: "Morgen". They are then saved in the german version or whatever is available.
- You cannot have different units with the same english name, but you can have different english names for the same unit. This is sort of advantage for english, as the use of different english versions of the same unit survives save/reload, whereas for other languages they do not.
- It might be possible to re-define the base units. I am not going to try that, because I am happy with the metric system and messing around without solid knowledge of the internal logic is a nightmare of trial and error.

In order to get more insight and make modifications more robust, as many as possible people should try the modified units.xml posted here
This shall become part of the inofficial distribution with the next release.
Martin Kraska

Pre-configured portable distribution of SMath Studio: https://smath.com/wiki/SMath_with_Plugins.ashx