Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline omorr  
#1 Posted : 10 September 2009 14:43:29(UTC)
omorr

Groups: Registered, Advanced Member
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 318 time(s) in 268 post(s)
THESE EXAMPLES MIGHT BE REGARDED AS OBSOLETE. SEE THE EXAMPLES IN v0.85 SMATH
omorr wrote:
In SMath Studio there is "solve" function for findig the roots of an equation. It does not work if the function f(x) is given numerically. Here are two simple examples for finding a root of an equation depending on the guess values which may work for the numerically given function (f.e. definite integrals are solved only numerically). These two examples actually are doing the same thing, use the one you find more appropriate.
Example 1 This version will give you the vector x of iterands

(download sm file)
Example 2 This version will give you just the last result

(download sm file)
Comment:Pay attention that SMath must have all the variable inside while loop defined before (like konv, x, etc..), otherwise the error will be reported.

Regards,
Radovan

When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your SMath Studio Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Offline Asterio  
#2 Posted : 21 April 2010 00:50:59(UTC)
Asterio

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I am moving from the "dark" Microsoft side to the "light" linux side. I use MathCad and wanted to use a linux alternative and searching on the net I came about with Smath. My fist impression is that is a very promising MathCad substitute.
I have downloaded some example files (mainly ODE solvers and systems of equations). Unfortunately I do not have enough time to "program" the solvers to my systems of equations. Actualy I do not know if it is necessary but in the examples it is done. If not yet implemented could be a good idea to include some direct commands like "Odesolve" "pdesolve" in MathCad that would help people to quick solve systems of differential equations. In options of those solvers the user might choose the algorithm to be used.
Thank you very much for the great effort put in this proyect.
Offline omorr  
#3 Posted : 03 May 2010 13:11:29(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Hello,

The request about solvers has been posted many times. I think that some major changes should be inplemented into SMath in order this to be possible. Depending on Andrey's spare time, this will be introduced sooner or later.

Regards,
Radovan
Offline real75  
#4 Posted : 17 June 2010 11:47:27(UTC)
real75

Groups: Registered

Hi I'm new here and finding smath interesting. Does anyone written an example looking for a root 3rd degree.. say ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d = 0... where a,b,c. and d are constant. and solve for the root of x.

Thanks
Offline omorr  
#5 Posted : 17 June 2010 13:13:55(UTC)
omorr

Man
Serbia

Hello,
real75 wrote:
Hi I'm new here and finding smath interesting. Does anyone written an example looking for a root 3rd degree.. say ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d = 0... where a,b,c. and d are constant. and solve for the root of x.

Look at this link ,please -> polyroots

Regards,
Radovan