Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mgklein  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2019 05:11:31(UTC)
mgklein


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/05/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
Man
Brazil
Location: Brazil

Hi.

I've been trying some silly problems in dynamics in Smath.

Came across an integration expression and tried to do it numerically.

Then, I tried with another "int" function and came out different results.

My questions is: should we always take on Maxima plugin's expression?


Another question, can we do symbolic diff() and returning the expression?

exm_12_2_din.sm (11kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Thanks
Offline omorr  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2019 08:39:08(UTC)
omorr


Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 23/06/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,731
Man
Serbia

Was thanked: 311 time(s) in 265 post(s)
Hello,

There were mistakes in your file. You should pay attention to definite and indefinite integrals and the function arguments when using definite integrals. See the picture with corrections and hover the expressions in the file to see the difference.

definteg.PNG

exm_12_2_din-2corr.sm (13kb) downloaded 13 time(s).

Regards,
Radovan
When Sisyphus climbed to the top of a hill, they said: "Wrong boulder!"
Offline Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2019 15:04:33(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 4,121
Canada

Was thanked: 726 time(s) in 568 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mgklein Go to Quoted Post
I've been trying some silly problems in dynamics in Smath.
Came across an integration expression and tried to do it numerically.
Then, I tried with another "int" function and came out different results.
My questions is: should we always take on Maxima plugin's expression?
Another question, can we do symbolic diff() and returning the expression?

Good idea to save Carlos adaptive integration.
Exceptional numerical integrator that meets Mathcad/Mathsoft Adaptive.
I have exhausted this integrator, it ranges from exact2atleast 6/8 decimals.
Hope it clarifies your questions ... Jean

Sanity.PNG

exm_12_2_din Sanity.sm (29kb) downloaded 9 time(s).
Offline mgklein  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2019 22:24:59(UTC)
mgklein


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/05/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10
Man
Brazil
Location: Brazil

omorr wrote:
Hello,

There were mistakes in your file. You should pay attention to definite and indefinite integrals and the function arguments when using definite integrals. See the picture with corrections and hover the expressions in the file to see the difference.

Regards,
Radovan


I see what you did but with respect to "t" and "x". Just to be clear, the definite integral k(t) goes diffent because of the Constant? The constant C=0 and the expression is evaluated for t=4? I think I get it now.

Thanks, Rodovan.

Jean Giraud wrote:
Good idea to save Carlos adaptive integration.
Exceptional numerical integrator that meets Mathcad/Mathsoft Adaptive.
I have exhausted this integrator, it ranges from exact2atleast 6/8 decimals.
Hope it clarifies your questions ... Jean


Sure it does.
I'll test this code.

Thanks, Jean.

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.