Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jean Giraud  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2019 15:46:19(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
The NASA(h) is recent to me.
Curiously enough, they arrived at the same conclusion years ago:
Theodore, Jean, [Ralph ?] that altitude is not homogeneous
and represented by rational/expDecay/rational segments.
In this document, we just trust NASA as an act of faith !
To determine the altitude, kPa is the measured.
You may probably use the static from the Pitot tube or else
accurate barometric device... local barometric is headache.
Given as is if any useful for your journey in air.

Jean

Inst_ISA [km_kPa] NASA airplane Copy.sm (139kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Offline CBG  
#2 Posted : 07 June 2019 22:45:10(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 212

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Jean:
The atmospheric conditions are very changeable, so it could be said that
the data are only accurate at the time they are taken.
The density of the air changes with the temperature, and the
temperature changes with the altitude, then the barometric pressure also changes.
There is a barometric formula to calculate the air pressure according to the
altitude, to which I have included the temperature function according
to the altitude to try to make the calculation more accurate.

Temo_Vs_Alt_r4.png

Barometric_Formula_R1.png

Barometrit_Formula_Aire_CBG.sm (424kb) downloaded 11 time(s).


Best Regards

Carlos

Offline Jean Giraud  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2019 03:57:41(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
Hello Jean:
The atmospheric conditions are very changeable, so it could be said that
the data are only accurate at the time they are taken.
The density of the air changes with the temperature, and the
temperature changes with the altitude, then the barometric pressure also changes.
There is a barometric formula to calculate the air pressure according to the
altitude, to which I have included the temperature function according
to the altitude to try to make the calculation more accurate.

Thanks Carlos,
Unfortunately, SS 6179 can't open the latest SS Beta you are using,
can't read the temperature correction. Math 24 barometric is in fact
so much erroneous vs PDAS, NASA(h) it shouldn't be published as given.

Jean

BarometricErroneous.PNG
Offline CBG  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2019 16:44:47(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 212

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Jean:

I do not know why SS6179 transforms the units differently to SS7089 and gives slightly different results.

Here you have the file in the SS6179 version.

Barometric_Formula_Air_6179.sm (424kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

Screen_Air_R1.png


Best Regards

Carlos
Offline Jean Giraud  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2019 04:03:20(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
Hello Jean:
I do not know why SS6179 transforms the units differently to SS7089 and gives slightly different results.
Here you have the file in the SS6179 version.

Thanks Carlos for the SS6179 document.
Polynomic is new to me, more applications expected.
As applied to Barometric, the more abundant data set gives results
very close to NASA. The last step is the [m] altitude vs measured kPa.
Something similar to the other document ... RemToDo.
The P(h) has an inverse RootsOf, of no interest for minimal calculator.

Cheers ... Jean

Inst_ISA Barometric Formula [Carlos].sm (456kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
Offline Andrey Ivashov  
#6 Posted : 11 June 2019 13:57:54(UTC)
Andrey Ivashov


Rank: Administration

Groups: Developers, Registered, Knovel Developers, Administrators, Advanced Member
Joined: 11/07/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,357
Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 1567 time(s) in 525 post(s)
Hello Carlos.

Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
I do not know why SS6179 transforms the units differently to SS7089 and gives slightly different results.

Latest beta-versions of SMath Studio have huge improvements regarding accuracy, calculation performance and worksheet rendering performance. This is because currently I'm participating in a project where IAPWS equations is used and it was observed that all previous versions of SMath Studio had problems with accuracy. After reworking core of calculation engines it was observed that calculation speed became worse, so I have started work to improve performance in high accuracy calculations.
As for now SMath Studio became much more usable in both: accuracy and speed points of view (+ new rendering engine is here) and I'm doing latest preparations to release new stable build.

We are now much more close to ver. 1.0 Good

Best regards.
thanks 2 users thanked Andrey Ivashov for this useful post.
on 11/06/2019(UTC),  on 11/06/2019(UTC)
Offline PompelmoTell  
#7 Posted : 11 June 2019 16:12:00(UTC)
PompelmoTell


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 23/12/2011(UTC)
Posts: 165
Italy
Location: italy

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Andrey,
I believe that these considerations merit a more visible position in the forum Clapping

sergio
thanks 1 user thanked PompelmoTell for this useful post.
on 11/06/2019(UTC)
Offline CBG  
#8 Posted : 12 June 2019 17:36:28(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 212

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Andrey


Originally Posted by: Andrey Ivashov Go to Quoted Post
Hello Carlos.

Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
I do not know why SS6179 transforms the units differently to SS7089 and gives slightly different results.

Latest beta-versions of SMath Studio have huge improvements regarding accuracy, calculation performance and worksheet rendering performance. This is because currently I'm participating in a project where IAPWS equations is used and it was observed that all previous versions of SMath Studio had problems with accuracy. After reworking core of calculation engines it was observed that calculation speed became worse, so I have started work to improve performance in high accuracy calculations.
As for now SMath Studio became much more usable in both: accuracy and speed points of view (+ new rendering engine is here) and I'm doing latest preparations to release new stable build.

We are now much more close to ver. 1.0 Good

Best regards.


Thank you Andrey for your extensive explanation, and we would like
to make it a substantial improvement to your excellent Software.

Best Regards

Carlos
Offline CBG  
#9 Posted : 12 June 2019 18:28:03(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 212

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Jean


Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post

Thanks Carlos for the SS6179 document.
Polynomic is new to me, more applications expected.
As applied to Barometric, the more abundant data set gives results
very close to NASA. The last step is the [m] altitude vs measured kPa.
Something similar to the other document ... RemToDo.
The P(h) has an inverse RootsOf, of no interest for minimal calculator.

Cheers ... Jean




Thank you very much for your excellent work.
I have tried to calculate the temperature used or measured in the NASA data,
isolating the temperature variable from the barometric formula.

Temp_Baro_For.png
I hope you find a better approach

NASA_Invert_SS6179.sm (58kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Thank you

Best Regards

Carlos
Offline Jean Giraud  
#10 Posted : 13 June 2019 05:41:04(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
I hope you find a better approach

... Here is Carlos . . . an un-ambiguous altimetric formula.
1. NASA solved for well distributed points
2. The inverse Barometric solved for the the compensation parameter.
3. Final altimetric at least up to 40 km
4. Accuracy depends upon NASA itself and kPa resolution
Will read your latest attachment ... Jean

Altimetric.PNG

Inst_ISA Altimetric Formula Copy.sm (33kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Offline Jean Giraud  
#11 Posted : 15 June 2019 01:46:37(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
The Altimetric session ends here for quite a while unless more revelation.
Formula page 7/7 ... auto-compensated on actual/local ISO [101.325 kPa].
The mutual conformity wrt solved NASA(h) is stricking of realism.
Comments/suggestions ... welcome.

Jean

AltimetricExcellent.PNG

Inst_ISA Altimetric Formula Copy.sm (132kb) downloaded 4 time(s).
Offline CBG  
#12 Posted : 15 June 2019 06:18:10(UTC)
CBG


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 14/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 212

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Jean


Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
The Altimetric session ends here for quite a while unless more revelation.
Formula page 7/7 ... auto-compensated on actual/local ISO [101.325 kPa].
The mutual conformity wrt solved NASA(h) is stricking of realism.
Comments/suggestions ... welcome.

Jean



The Altimetric session still has a little more chapter, since the
Barometric Formula can be adjusted for the variable of gravity

Gravity_Altitude.png


Inst_ISA Altimetric Formula Gravity.sm (228kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

Best Regards

Carlos
Offline Jean Giraud  
#13 Posted : 15 June 2019 16:48:30(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CBG Go to Quoted Post
The Altimetric session still has a little more chapter, since the
Barometric Formula can be adjusted for the variable of gravity

I'm still with you Carlos ... next few days.
Just discovered problem with solve(,,,,) from which altimetric is constructed.
In the long range solutions from which the selected support points,
solutions are irregularly accurate compared to Mathcad seeded root scanner TOL e-6
This explains the observed irregular residuals.
And now, you are putting Gravity ... Oh ! ... see you, Jean.

Offline Jean Giraud  
#14 Posted : 18 June 2019 05:55:49(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
... last brick in the wall.
1. NASA(h) Barometric ... kPa given altitude (h)
4. Nasa(p) Altimetric ... altitude (h) given kPa
................sections [2, 3] not needed for publishing
though guide line for discrete solve.
Just need the dual formulas [image below]

Barometric_Altimetric Dual.PNG

Inst_ISA Barometric_Altimetric Companion.sm (92kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Offline Jean Giraud  
#15 Posted : 20 June 2019 16:43:03(UTC)
Jean Giraud


Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 04/07/2015(UTC)
Posts: 3,784
Canada

Was thanked: 692 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jean Giraud Go to Quoted Post
... last brick in the wall.

... one more brick in the wall !
1. Cold airport °C landing altitude correction added
2. Spline TableIII added [observe typo in the published document]

Inst_ISA Barometric_Altimetric Companion.sm (543kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.